Monday, March 31, 2008

Sweet Reminders


Two years ago this week, we were given the news that our referral for Myah was not included in that months batch from China and we were devastated. We were May 31 lid and they cut us off, they stopped at the 30th. That meant we had to wait a whole extra month. We were at the beginning of what is now the long wait, we thought we would get referrals in Novemeber and we didn't end up getting them until the end of April. Looking back we now know that there was a reason, Myah was waiting for us. Our Myah. I have to say I did get a bit depressed and once I got over myself, I re-did the nursery ( my way of coping) and took comfort knowing that we had to be included in the next batch. As I reflect on those months I remember vividly the sights, sounds, songs, etc. that bring me back to those moments of waiting for our precious Myah and the excitement that was abuzz in our household. We were floating.In addition to living on the internet at this time checking Rumor Queen, I had a few other favorites. I remember watching this movie over and over again, I loved it! The Asian women were so beautiful and the scenery was breathtaking.
And while I watched this movie I fell in love even more with cherry blossoms, and when I went into Bath and Body Works they were carrying a whole line of Cherry Blossom fragrances. My favorite was this one, I literally lathered myself in it, the sweet scent still reminds me of my time in China, I wore it the whole time we were there, the first time I held Myah, I was wearing it, it soon became a comforting scent to her, it was the smell of her mommy. I still love it but it is harder to find now. The White Cherry Blossom is my favorite!


I now am addicted to this one: Midnight Pomegrante! This was my favorite last spring. Wonder what it will be this year?
I also became slightly addicted to eating Wasa Cracker with Kaukauna Sharp Cheese spread. It was my comfort food! Yummy!
I also love magnolias! Nothing makes me happier than driving through town and seeing a huge old magnolia tree filled with the beautiful saucer blossoms and the ground beneath them just layered with gorgeous petals! I do have a small, very small magnolia tree in our front yard that our neighbor purchased for us after Mark's dad passed away. Someday I will have a huge tree but for now I just drool at everyone elses! I remember it blossoming right about the same time as we received our referral.

7 comments:

Dawn said...

Ok SOUL SISTER~

First, I love your reminder that the "waiting" is for our "perfect" daughter...so glad Myah is yours.

Now...I have that Cherry Blossom lotion (not the white) on my bedside table right now!! Not to mention...Bath & Boby Works is my favorite for all shower gels and handsoaps around my house.

LOVE KauKauna (sp?) cheese spread...the port wine is my favorite!! I eat the whole tub by myself!!

I love that we have so much in common!!

Dawn said...

P.S. My good friend and neighbor planted a magnolia tree in her yard for a baby that she lost...and it is just starting to bloom right now!! I always tell her how I love where she planted it because I can see it out my living room window.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Leslie,

I love how you remember things with such detail. Things kind of get blurry for me and I hate when that happens. I love how you can see what helped you through the challenging times and consider them with such fondness.

Thank you for sharing some intimate thoughts of what you went through and confirming God's perfect timing.

Love,
Lisa

Melanie said...

Wow, it seems like ages ago. I don't remember life before our little girls were in it. Such sweet reminders!!!!

Sheri said...

I did not remember that this was the week that we all got the wind knocked out of us. That week was such a blur, but thankfully we all had each other! :) Didn't we also have our first get together with the whole group that week? Wow, it's sounding like such a long time ago, and it was only two years. I can't imagine our lives without the girls we have.

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

I love the way you rember al the little details fo things. It really is a gift. This is such a beautiful and simple post.

I was thinking of you last night as I watched a show I never really watch (The new adventures of Old Christine) She was having hot flashes and thought she was perimenopausal. It was HYSTERICAL! I would have called but I was afriad it was too late (9:30). She acutally had the chicken pox but the show was all about hot flashes and hormones and testoterone cream--lovely:)

Penny said...

Another item good with Wasa Crackers is chunky salsa. When I was on weight watchers, I could eat quite a bit of the crackers and salso for maybe 1 or 2 points. Great crunch with the tang of the tomatoes.