Thursday, March 6, 2008

She Sells Sea Shells.......




I have to let you in on a little secret, I am in love with seashells. I have several pretty jars around our "nest" filled with our favorites from vacations that we have taken. I figured since Spring Break is coming next week, I would encourage those of you lucky enough to be at a beach somewhere to bring home a bucket of shells to put in your nest as a beautiful and very inexpensive souvineer from your trip. We love searching for the most unique and beautiful shells that we can find. I have been known to take a ziploc baggie to the beach as well and bring home some sand too! Every year the shells are a bit different from the past years that we were there and it has made a really pretty visual scrapbook of sorts and we try to remember which year was which. A few of my favorites are from our honeymoon almost 15 years ago, we were in the Bahamas and we purchased a huge conch shell from a man off of his boat. This was my first trip ever to the ocean so that one holds a special place in my heart above all of the rest! I have found jars at Target, lots of pretty ones at TJ's, Marshalls and Homegoods and boutiques. They have really come down in price and you can usually find a good sized jar for around $10. I am sad that this year we won't be going to the beach (maybe later in the year for our anniversary, cross your fingers), so think of me when you are in the sun and are filling your buckets!

7 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

I love how you can take simple things of beauty and make them look exquisite. I always feel like when I try that it turns out a wreck!!! Nate Berkus would be very proud of you.

Think beachy thoughts!

Lisa

Erin said...

I love seashells too!

Somewhere In The Sun said...

Pretty pictures! We love the beach too and always walk with the boys along the shore with our buckets to collect shells. We aren't going this year either :( It will be the first time in a long while. I'm really really going to miss it!

~Lynn

The Nester said...

Honey your home is super beautiful!!!! Love how simply classy it is! Thank you so much for your purchase and I am adding your blog to my reader for inspiration!

Heather said...

Oh so pretty AND I am so in the mood for summer!! I, too am a self-proclaimed shellaholic. My brother and his wife go to Sanibel a lot, so they have gotten us quite a few that I adore.

I love your new space in this corner of the world and so enjoy visiting:)

I cut (I use that term loosely because they are all uneven - my craft counter has my dead computer resting in peace there) your quilt square this evening and began the card - I plan to get it to you this week.

Happy weekend!

Heather

Lori said...

Oh Leslie, I LOVE seashells too. I also have a jar full of favorites~ the boys and I were just looking at them the other day.
Your shells are just beautiful.

3 Peanuts said...

Love them! I have shells around our nest too:)

Kim