Tuesday, March 11, 2008

My new look!

Ta-Da!!
It is short and sassy like me (ok, not short but sassy!)
Oh my goodness!
My Little Pony
I hope this will make a little girl very happy!

I did it! I have been in dire need of a hair cut and color for about 3 months now but I have been so busy taking care of my family, my needs kind of take a back seat. So in addition to my new blog look, I have a new hair do! I have been wanting to donate my hair to Locks of Love for a long time, over the years I have had cut some major long locks cut off way before this wonderful organization was ever formed. My hair has been getting thinner through the years and with my thyroid issues I lose alot of hair every day. My beautician Cindy is a family friend who I have gone to for about 6 years now. Last night she suggested a new spring cut and I was finally ready to part with my hair! She cut a 12 inch pony tail off for me to donate to Locks of Love. It really means alot to me, especially this year when so many people I know and love that are dealing with cancer. Locks of Love makes wigs for children who are cancer patients and have lost their hair. I am not used to the new look just yet but from the reaction of my family members I think it is a hit, Dayton called it "awesome, mom you look better than you did on your wedding day" (ok, not sure if this was just sucking up to me or what but he seemed sincere!) Mark was very surprised that I did it and called me a "hot sexy momma", I think he liked it ALOT! Anyhow, no matter what anyone thinks, I did it for a good cause and it is just hair, it will grow back!

16 comments:

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

You look INCREDIBLE!!!! Wow! That snow up north is really going to melt now. It perks you up and makes you look younger than you already are.

I admire you for taking the plunge and donating for such an amazing cause at the same time.

Congrats!

Lisa

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

BTW, could your eyes be any prettier? Such a beautiful shade of blue!

LO

Dawn said...

You look amazing!! I LOVE your new look and Lisa is right...it makes you look younger than you already are!! You ARE one Hot Momma!!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it Les!!! You look amazing....I bet it will take some getting use to with no ponytail, but you are ready for spring now with a new 'do! I didn't realize your hair was that long. You are inspiring me to do the same thing sometime! You definitely look like a hot Momma and I love what Dayton said!! :) So cute!!!

Love,
Abbie

Danielle Moss said...

Leslie,

You know I love it, right?

That haircut is SO cute. You look GORGEOUS. And how wonderful that your beautiful new do will help someone else. You have such a giving heart!

Danielle

Jill said...

I LOVE your new haircut. It is sassy!

Sheri said...

The new do looks awesome! I'm cracking up that Mark called you a "hot sexy momma." That's so neat that you donated your hair to locks of love. Way to go, girlfriend!

Lori said...

Oh Leslie, you look beautiful! Your haircut is fun and sassy and although you always look great, this cut gives you a whole different look! The color really brings out those baby blues! :)
ps Dayton just learns what he sees in his Daddy. :)

Stefanie said...

Wow, it looks awesome! Love the cut AND the color!! How cool that you donated to LoL.. they are a fabulous charity! I donated a 16" ponytail in 2000 :)'
Dayton sounds so sweet! He's gonna have to fight the girls off if he's able to come up with compliments like that! ;)

Jodee said...

Love your new do! I love the color too!

Football and Fried Rice said...

You are a hottie!! I love the new look:) I haven't been able to afford a haircut for so long that it has gotten rather long - maybe I will make this my goal! Thanks for sharing:)

Heather said...

You look so beautiful!! I love the new do!

What a sweet, sweet spirit you are Leslie!

Have a wonderful rest of your week!

Heather

DiJo said...

LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Diana

3 Peanuts said...

Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL!! I am with Lisa though--could your eye be any prettier. I never really noticed how blue they were before!

You are beautiful inside and out! I am proud to clal you friend.

Kim

Anonymous said...

You Look wonderful Cous! I envy you in your spirit and love for life!

Peny

Stephanie said...

Hi Leslie,

You came and visited my blog tonight and first I must say that your new "do" is awesome!

Also, thank you for your encouraging words.... after two years of waiting, any glimmer of inspiration and hope is wonderful! :)

Happy Easter!