Friday, March 14, 2008

Grandma's Jewelry


I have had a bag of old costume jewelry of my Grandmother's since she passed away almost 6 years ago. I never really knew quite what to do with it. I love the old pearls, the sparkly bracelet, and the silver apples. I remember her wearing quite a few of these pieces and thought it would be pretty displayed on the antique brown transferware tray that I got for $6.00 at a little shop off of the beaten path. I just placed the jewelry in a random way on the tray and I love how it looks! I put an old travel clock of hers in there as well and placed it on a table in my bedroom, such a simple, yet pretty and sentimental accent piece. I love to have meaningful items in our nest. I always say that everything has a story behind it and I love it when someone asks "where did you get that?". I have inherited many pieces over the past few years and they are so special to me. They don't have any monetary value but to me they are priceless. I will have to post about a few of my favorites later!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Hi Sessie!
Love this post. We have such wonderful memories of her. Your new blog is beautiful.

Sheri said...

This is so adorable! I love that it has meaning behind it. You have such a great knack for decorating. Thanks for the tips about decorating Sarah's room and about the bedding at Marshalls. I didn't make it there today but plan to go tomorrow. Thanks also for the nice long phone call today! I sure wish we lived closer.

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

What an elegant way to display such treasures!

I see some interesting pieces on the tray and look forward to seeing/hearing more about them!

xoxo,
L.

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

You have such an eye for beauty. This is beatiful to look at but even more beautiful in sentiment:)

Dawn said...

Oh I love this idea!! What a beautiful way to display beautiful things.