Thursday, March 20, 2008

My favorite yard sale find EVER!


The Nester posted about her great yard sale finds the other day and I just had to share my favorite yard sale treasure of all time. I bought this gorgeous hall tree at a lovely home, the people were moving and I was there the last day of her sale. I love yard/garage sale-ing, once I get in the groove I really can't wait to see what treasures I might find. I love giving new life to someone elses discards. And at the cheap prices I can afford to re-decorate more often. Although through the years I have developed quite the eye for the "good stuff", and I am becoming much more choosy about what I actually fork money over for. I like to go to subdivision sales the best, you can hit alot of houses and they are ususally really nice neighborhoods and actually the prices are cheaper, go figure. I also love finding those little grandma-type houses off the beaten path, some of my favs have come from little Granny's, their things are usually spotless as well! I have found Pottery Barn in the packages, antique pictures that I paid 50 cents for that are worth about $70 a piece!, I can't seem to find a picture of it but it was a beautiful hutch that had a $475 pricetag on it and I paid $50 and painted it black , it now lives at my sister's house. But my favorite piece of all time is my hall tree. There was a price of $100 on it and because it was the last day of the sale everthing was 1/2 off. So I paid her $50 for it, painted it white-ish and it fits perfectly in our foyer! I actually bought it before we moved out to the new house, I didn't have a place for it, when we toured this house for the first time I saw this perfect little nook for my hall tree and it has been there ever since we moved in. I have seen ones like it at the antique mall for around $800. Yeah for me! I love storing mittens in the bottom of it, gives us a perfect place to sit and put our boots on. I can't wait to see what treasures this year will bring!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

I agree, I love yard sales, and can't wait to see what I find this year too! Have fun!!

The Nester said...

What a beautiful vin-yet, vingette, venette,vinyette, grouping.

Nice job!

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

It is indeed a super find! I admire people like you who have the vision to find beauty in discarded things...

Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Leslie--it is so beautiful! You have a gift for this feathering--girl!!!