Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Fall Inspiration















Tomorrow is the first day of school, that means that Fall is approaching quickly! I love decorating for Fall. This starts a constantly evolving decorating season around our house. I have started to put my collection of "fake" pumpkins and gourds on my mantle. I don't have alot of really cool places around my house to decorate so I try to keep decor at a minimun inside the house. I have a few favorite pieces that I set out each year and I try to buy one special something each year to add to my collection. Usually a nice "fake" pumpkin or gourd. This year I found some of the prettiest fall picks at Hobby Lobby, they are so reasonable! I had a hard time choosing there were so many great items on their shevles!
My main decorating takes place on our front porch, I put my scarecrow out on my bench, add some hay bales, lots of pumkins and gourds and of course corn stalks! I get so much of my inspiration by going to the pumpkin patches, local farmers markets and roadside stands. Last year I bought the perfect Cinderella pumpkin, I loved it! I enjoy taking the kids to our favorite cider mills for fresh cider, donuts and pumkin picking. We try to hit at least 3 or 4 during the season. I also take tons of pictures during the season. I love taking a fall color tour and taking in the glorious changes going on. My favorite are the bright red maple trees, I cannot get enough of them! I love the rich colors and yummy smells of the season. I am always burning great smelling candles, anything that smells like caramels, pumpkins or spicy cinnamon. I cannot stand to smell apple smelling candles, I found out I was pregnant with Dayton in the fall of 1994 and I remember the smells of apple candles in the air and I was so nauseaus at the time, I still cannot stand it 13 years later!
Last year I stacked pumbkins in large urns on our front porch, of course I have no picture of it! I am addicted to white pumpkins, so so pretty!
Melissa at Inpisred Room is hosting a fall inspiration party so I thought I would share some of my favorite fall images from people, places and things that inspire me during the season. Some of the pictures are from my favorite store Violet's Blue, I took these a few years ago of their fall decoration. They are a huge inspiration to me!
P.S. Yes, I took all of these pictues, they are the places that I visit, and are near my home. I took the pictures of my kiddos next to the cool blue truck last year at my favorite pumpkin patch.

19 comments:

Stacey @ The Blessed Nest said...

Such beautiful pictures! Very inspiring! The children by the blue truck are just precious--love those pics!! Have fun with your fall decorating :)

Blessings,
Stacey

Kirstin said...

I love your pictures! Are they from somewhere local to you? I love the fall scenery and driving by farms.

Darlene said...

I LOVE all of the Fall pictures...they are absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!

Shannon said...

All your pictures are so beautiful!! I might have to join this party...

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

WOW, these pictures are AWESOME! So inspiring! Thanks for sharing, I am getting so excited for fall! Fall seems like such a short season, I am thrilled to be getting a jump on things so I can fully enjoy it before Christmas takes over!

Thanks again for being a part of Fall Nesting Week!

Happy day!
Melissa

Blogger said...

I love your pictures, they definitely do shout out, "Fall"...I could see those in a magazine, so beautiful!

Nice to meet you,
Bella

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Ahhh, gorgeous! You're making me long for a good ol' New England fall!

~ Sarah

Teresa said...

Oh beautiful picture- missing the Autumn leave show- in my area that's not very common.

Catherine Holman said...

Love the photos. Your kids are adorable. Thanks,
Catherine

trish said...

Your fall images are very nice! It just makes me more anxious for the season to arrive! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Nichole said...

Your pictures are so pretty! I love the pumpkins on your mantle :o)

Ms. Tee said...

All the fall photos are making me long for crisp weather here in the South! They're all beautiful! :)

Gretchen said...

Your pictures are AMAZING!
What a beautiful post!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Love all your pics and that farmhouse is dreamy.

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie :)
Great fall photos!
Are you talking about Violets Blue in Linden? If so, I know the owners and they are really good friends with my sister who lives up there. We should talk soon! Also, where is there a Hobby Lobby around us?
Hope to talk soon!
Tiffany

The Nester said...

Well, these photos have inspired me to get my act together and add some fall to the wreath on my front door! Beautiful photos, beautiful fall, beautiful children!

Rue said...

Gorgeous pictures.... Beautiful Children... I'm officially inspired.

The story of you being sick brought back memories of my smell issues. I could not get near the inside of a refrigerator because it made me so sick LOL

Happy Fall!

rue

Jessica said...

thanks for inspiration! I shared a couple of your pictures on my fall inspiration post...and I of course named you in them...thank you for inspiring!

Lorie said...

I am dying! I love all of these pictures! In AZ we don't have anything that beautiful!