Monday, September 15, 2008

Pumpkin Facelift




If you are a reader of my family blog at Myah's Days you already know that I had a bad week last week. Long story short, my hubby's car broke down just out of the blue, it needs a new engine of all things! So I was without wheels for a few days and let me tell you, I get a little stir crazy when I know I can't go anywhere. I am perfectly fine staying home all day in my sweats when I know I have a car in the garage and I know I can jump in a go someplace anytime I want. But just knowing that I didn't even have that option kind of freaked me out! Believe me I have plenty to do around here to keep me busy, but I decided to tackle a few projects that have been in the back of my mind for a while. Nothing major just little things that add up. First of all I made myself a ragamuffin garland like the Nester makes. I had extra scraps of material and ribbon laying around and at my sister's garage sale a few weeks ago she had lots of scrap material for sale so I snatched up the pieces that would go in my garland. It is not finished yet, I need to get some drapery clips and hang some cute doo dads from it, but I love it!

I also had some pumpkins in the basement that I had bought for a dollar at a garage sale earlier in the year. They were the fake kind that you find at the craft stores. I really wanted some white/creamy pumpkins to put above my kitchen cupboards, I remembered that these were downstairs so I got out my craftpaints made a "custom" color, and painted them. I love how they turned out! It was a 15 mintue project! Even better! I also cleaned out my craft cupboard and sorted all of my scrapbook papers, embellishments, and supplies, I got rid of anything and everything that I will never use.

I also went to the new HG's yesterday. Wow, what a beautiful store. It is brand new, building and all, I have been to quite a few HG's in my day and this is my favorite by far, and it is so close! I went with my neighbor and we could not believe the crowd. It was insane! I was amazed at how many men were there with their ladies. Brave souls! I bought Mark a new spice rack, he has been eyeing them for a while, he loved it and put it to use last night with some steaks on the grill. The new HG's gets 2 thumbs up from me!!

12 comments:

aimee said...

Those turned out great! I'm going to be keeping an eye out for pumpkins at yard sales and thrift stores! Black would be cool too. Hmmmm you've got my creative juices flowing!

Home Goods is one of my favorites, we had ahuge one open in the same parking lot as Super Target and JoAnns less than 2 miles from my house. Needless to say I spend WAY to much time in that parking lot. *hehe*

Anonymous said...

How great! Love painted pumpkins. I'm going to have to steal some off my parents farm soon so I can get to some projects. Thanks for sharing.

Blessings to you and yours,

Carry Grace said...

These turned out great. I painted my pumpkin last night, I need to get some pics so I can post it.

Shannon said...

Those pumpkins look great! That is such a good idea!

I am so jealous of your HG!! I've never been to one! A town near us has a TJ Maxx and More and it is huge but it is too far away for regular shopping. :)

M.L. @ The House of Whimsy said...

WOW!! Great makeover job! Somewhere in blogland a gal monogrammed the letters B O O
in black on her three white pumpkins and then put them on graduated sizes of black wooden candlesticks. Very cute. If you find it, give me a holler.

M.L.

Kim said...

Leslie, you just have the greatest ideas! I'm gonna have to get me some pumpkins :-)

I knew you'd be at that Home Goods store! Love that place!

Sharon said...

WOW!! So pretty! You are an inspiration!! Now I just need some energy, time and...well, I love looking ast YOUR pics!

Annie said...

They look great!! I am definitely gonna try this. I wanted white pumpkins, but didn't know how those 'foamy' fake pumpkins would look painted. Now I know! Thanks so much for sharing.

southerninspiration said...

GREAT idea...they look oh so chic, now!!!

Lorie said...

Great idea! I hope the car stuff works itself out soon.

Empty Nest Full Life said...

You've been busy, and I really like those white pumpkins. Wish I had a HG near. Jackie

3 Peanuts said...

I LOVE white pumpkins...I wish I had a nest....