Monday, August 25, 2008

I had to share!






Many of you know my sister Melanie and how talented she is. Well, a few weekends ago she hosted a ladies luncheon for her best friend who is having a baby girl in a few weeks. I could not make it, I HAD to go to the beach ;) but she posted some pictures on her blog today and I am drooling over this party! Melanie used to be an event planner before her little girls arrived and every now and then she gets to divulge in her talents and put on a shin dig more beautiful than anything I have ever seen. This one took place in her home for a change and not in a location. She can do anything! Flowers, gourmet cooking, decorating, invitations, you name it she can do it. The man who sells her dahlias didn't have what she needed at the farmer's market so she made them out of tissue, so beautiful. I will have to do another post later about what we have done with vellum and cylindar vases, you will be rushing right out to pick you up a few to have on hand trust me! Enjoy!
***her blog is currently public, scroll down to a few previous posts to find the link****

14 comments:

Missy Wertz said...

Oh look at all the pink! It is just beautiful!

cherry said...

That is one lovely shindig. I love that fireplace....we have cultured stone as well...and I wanted it to turn out like that...sigh. cherry

Annette said...

so pretty! very talented sister of yours... is her blog still invite only?

Chris said...

This is beautiful!! She knows how to decorate for a party? Is her blog open to readers? Would love to pop by!

Anonymous said...

Droole is right. It looks beautiful!

Sheri said...

This is the most gorgeous pink party I've ever seen! Too bad Mel doesn't do this for others anymore, because she is so incredibly talented. You're lucky she's your sister. ;)

Katie said...

WOW! (That's all I can say!)

Deserae said...

Very pretty! I will have to check out your sisters blog!!!
~Des

Lamp Tramp said...

OMG that is so beautiful! How creative and talented is your sister?
Everything looks perfect!

Lori said...

Yes, she is amazing!! I saw this on her site and what a gorgeous party she planned!! Everything is just beautiful!! Your family is LOADED with talents!! :)

Sharon said...

Soooooo Pretty! And you are a lovely sister!!!!

fleur de lis cottage said...

You and your sister are soooo talented. It's definitely in your DNA :)

Kirstin said...

THat is so beautiful!

Trixi said...

Oh, my is she ever talented. Beautiful.