Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Our Silver Day

Love is not a matter of counting the years... But making the years count. ~ Michelle St. Amand ~

We met in elementary school and started dating in high school, I was a sophomore on the Varsity Cheerleading squad and he was a senior on the basketball team.  If you zoom in closely you can see his class ring on my left hand!

 For our 1st anniversary together we had these Valentines photos taken, we look so young!! Him: 18 Me:16
 Stealing a kiss before our engagement dinner together circa 1991
Wedding gifts were arriving during our wedding week!  June 1993
Our goofy selves.  Wedding Day June 26, 1993

 A new baby to love!  Dayton arrived May 1, 1995
 Hmm, thinking this was around 2000
The day we first saw Myah's face! 2006
 This was last Spring Break our family has grown by one more, we brought Myah into our family in 2006.


 My 40th at the Grand Hotel July 2010



My hubby and I are celebrating our 25th dating anniversary today.  We started dating when I was just 15 and he was 17. This day has always been so special to us, just as important as our wedding day to us.  Our love has grown in so  many different ways through the years, but one thing remains the same, I am his and he is mine, all mine, all his.  I love him so deeply, I really cannot describe how much he means to me.  I thought it would be fun to let him have a chance to write on here for a change. I still have his class ring in my jewelry box. I chipped the stone shortly after he gave it to me and he nicknamed me "chip" for a while, that little chip is such a sweet reminder to me of how our life has not been perfect but through all the flaws we are still strong as ever.  I love you sweet baby, you are my world! 

From him:

Twenty five years ago today I asked Leslie to be my girl. That  was the best decision I have  ever made. We have been through so much over the years, but one thing has always stayed true and that is our love for one another. She is my best friend, my favorite companion, she makes me laugh and brightens my days. There is no one else I could ever imagine spending my life with. She is a wonderful mother and a great best friend. I sure do love her....

He is so sweet, bless his heart he is falling asleep on the couch and he sat up and wrote this for me.  He has been working so hard lately on making our transition from this home to our new home, he sacrificies so much so that his family can be happy and comfortable.   God has truly blessed us with a wonderful marriage and family way beyond anything that we could have imagined on that  Super Bowl Sunday, January 26, 1986.  Remember when Refrigerator Perry was in the Super Bowl Shuffle video?  Yes, it was THAT long ago!!! And we have said Happy Anniversary every month to each other on the 26th ever since!!




Then and Now, I just had to see the comparison for myself!!

15 comments:

Gilda - Sweet Sweet Home said...

How many good memories! Today it is difficult to meet people who are still together after so many years and love as the first day. I have been married for 31 years and every day I love more than my husband. You are a wonderful family. Best wishes for your wedding anniversary. Gilda

paige said...

congratulations leslie!!!
what a beautiful tribute to him.
i love the walk down memory lane. since we grew up about the same time i can totally appreciate your fashion!!

the last picture of you two is one of my fave's from your blog.

looking forward to hearing more about your new home!! near your sissy!!

fleurcottage said...

congratulations...25 yrs is a wonderful testimony to a committed relationship! our 42nd is on tue...doesn't feel like it's that many! :)

Bee said...

Thank you so much for sharing! In a world where you hear about people divorcing and breaking up so often I sometimes feel like my husband and I are a rarity. It always brings a tear to my eye to know that there are so many couples out there as madly in love years later as day one!
THANK YOU and congratulations!

craftyles said...

What a beautiful post. I just had to comment and wish you both a very Happy Anniversary! Her's to many more!

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

What wonderful memories and pictures for you to share with us all! I really loved seeing all of your "young selves" pictures!

My husband and I have been married for 26 years and will have our "30th Dating Anniversary" this upcoming April... it's kind of funny because we do celebrate that anniversary but not our actual wedding anniversary...

~Chris

PS - the best part about 25 years of pictures is seeing the hairstyles and fashion, all over again.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Congratulations! It's wonderful that you are still so deeply in love. What a blessing.

Vicki said...

I love this post! Old pictures of you guys always make me smile. It seems like just yesterday you lived in that little apartment decorated in green and peach with the view of the pond. :-)

You two are the sweetest! Happy Anniversary.

Melanie said...

Happy Anniversary Marcus and Sessie!!!! It seems like only yesterday Leslie's prince was riding up on his white horse to rescue her!;) I'm still trying to warm up to the idea of someone stealing my sister from me!!!:)))))

We love you both so much! Mark, seriously, I could not ask for a better man to not only be my sister's adoring husband, the father of two of my favorite kids in this world, my hubby's dearest friend, but also my older brother. You are a gift in our lives and we treasure you!

Love and Blessings to you both!

Mel, Chris, Annabelle and Chloe

Shannon said...

What a sweet and beautiful post. Happy 25 years together! You are such a beautiful couple, I love that picture of you two at the Grand Hotel :)

Andrea said...

Happy, Happy Anniversary!!! The pictures were so nice. My husband and I started dating when we were in Highschool (15 and 16) and we will be married 30 years in May. We also brought our last darling home in 2006.

NanaDiana said...

What a wonderful post...a blessing to those that have had happy marriages and a beacon of hope for those that are going through the ups and downs of day-to-day life in the early years of marriage. You know...I think you are prettier (and he is more handsome) than you were as "youngsters". God has been very good to both of you...and you are blessed to have a wonderful family that knows how much they are loved. Hugs- Diana

Sharon said...

WoW, Such a beautiful love story!! Epic!! Loved the comparison shots too. I found myself scrolling up and going down really quick to see...that young boy and girl inside the grown up people you are now. You still have those 16 and 18 yr old hearts. Can I ask you how you got through the college years, were you apart? I wonder how my teens are going to make it through these tricky years when you are not in school together anymore and its too early for marriage..

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie! 25 years huh? That's amazing! Isn't it crazy to look through old pictures and see old hair and clothing styles?? Those pics from Seaside are so amazing! They should be framed in your new home!

Between You and Me said...

oh my goodness....25 years since you started dating.....

Happy Anniversary!