Friday, January 14, 2011

Makes Me Smile Today

Today is the 2 year anniversary of my Dad's passing away.  I am trying to find as many things to make me smile today as possible.  My Dad's dear friend sent this to me, he was the last friend that my Dad talked to, he flew in from Florida just to say goodbye.  My Dad has spent a few weeks at Mayo clinic and my Mom says that they listened to people play this piano in the lobby.  This precious video is of a sweet couple, Marlow and Fran Cowan who are 90 years old and married for 63 years.  The lady looks so much like my Grandma it is scary!  I am a lover of all things to do with piano music and old people, seriously!  They sure know how to tickle those ivory's!!!  I thougth I would pass this along to you all today, to make you smile too!!! ***you will want to pause my music at the bottom of my blog in order to hear this **** Scroll through the link on YouTube to see an interview and more concerts with the adorable couple, they are so sweet, I could just eat them right up!!!

7 comments:

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you today on the second anniversary of losing your dad, as you remember and celebrate his life.

Fondly,
Glenda

Kate said...

A tough day for you. So sorry for the loss that stays with you all the days of your life.

This video brings a smile to my face...reminds me so much of my beloved piano playing grandpa and his "bride" of over 50 years(my gram!). We should all be so lucky. Thanks for sharing this!!

Take care...

Kate

NanaDiana said...

I lost my father when I was quite young...21..so he has been gone 40 years and I still miss him and the day of his passing always just gives me a "clutch" of the heart. I know how you feel and sometimes it is hard for the smiles to override the tears, isn't it? Hugs-Diana LOVE the piano players...

Between You and Me said...

crying.
I'm really sorry that you've experienced such a deep loss with the passing of your dad.

i can't imagine this world without either of my parents in it....
thank God that we have forever to hold onto to. :)

Between You and Me said...

just spent some time scrolling through more archives.....

you've adopted from China!!!
SO have we. :)
We brought lydia home in December of 07...right before her 1st birthday.

She's from the Fuijan province, which is rural southern china.

Admin said...

brilliant video. I'm a day late in commenting but I hope you found enough smiles yesterday to outweigh the sad moments.

God bless.

Anna x

Sheila said...

Leslie,
I know how hard this day was for you. I have been missing my Mom for nearly 15 years. You are in my thoughts and prayers. My Mom also spent time at Mayo Clinic before she passed. I remember hearing people play the piano as well. This video can't help but make you smile...even if it is through tears. Hugs to you.