Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Good Things Come To Those Who Wait





 Love these two pillows my sister gave me yesterday! 
I was in TJ's a few weeks before Christmas and saw this awesome Parisian subway art sign and my heart started to flutter the way it does when you see something that you have wanted for a really long time.  However, it was the holidays and I had other ways that I needed to spend my moola.  I went back later and it was gone, one of those things you just think must not have been meant to be.  Until today!  I spotted this huge piece of art way down the aisle and I thought for a minute that I must be seeing things.... and I started to turn down another aisle, then it hit me like a rocket, "hellllooooo, you have wanted this for a long time, you better get your booty down that aisle and make sure no one else gets their mits on it! "  So I did!  And don't laugh when I tell you that I actually tried to put it in my cart, well, I am no engineer or anything but I could see clearly that "it just ain't gonna fit".  So I kindly asked the saleslady to carry it up to the register for me and hold it while I finished my shopping.  I am in love with this thing!! Can I just say, we are getting ready to move in a few weeks and I finally feel like my family room the way it is.   Isn't that always the way.  Anyhow, this baby is moving with us and I can't wait to use it in the new/old space! 
Aren't their new reusable bags so cute for 99 cents!!?

18 comments:

Tracy ~Seeking Refinement~ said...

so fun!! I love your sister's blog - and now am so loving yours!!!

I'm such a sucker for reusable bags - and that, my dear is the CUTEST! Might have to pop over to Home Goods/TJ Maxx to get me one! ;)

Happy Tuesday!

Blondie's Journal said...

I love it! Considering it was still there, I think it was destined to be yours. It looks fabulous over your sofa and I love your new pillows {sweet sister!}.

Have a good week, Leslie!

XO,
Jane

paige said...

that is such a great sign!!!
& the pillows are wonderful too!

hope you're doing well :)

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Blessings on your move, Leslie. I just moved a two months ago. . . it is a lot of work and a lot of fun. Glad your beautiful piece will move with you.

Fondly,
Glenda

NanaDiana said...

OH..What a GREAT piece of art. LOVE it...Don't you love all that TJMaxx has to offer....INCLUDING their new bags~~~ LOVE your blog-love your room...Hugs- Diana

Polly said...

I was lucky enough to get that same subway art piece at TJ Maxx....right after Christmas, I used a gift card I got! I LOVE IT TOO!!! Loving your pillows too!

Polly

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Love your pillows and subway sign! Just discovered your lovely blog and am looking forward to reading more...I am a new follower!

Mary Frances said...

I found the same sign at Marshall's/HomeGoods...and like you also put it off for the same reason! They also had a New York sign, but the Paris one really spoke to me...I was lucky enough to snag it after Christmas...the New York sign was looong gone...making someone happy as a clam, I'm sure! ZGallerie has similar signs that sell for almost 400 bucks...not in our budget...but they don't have a Paris sign...sometimes things are meant to be!!

Mary Frances said...

I found the same sign at Marshall's/HomeGoods...and like you also put it off for the same reason! They also had a New York sign, but the Paris one really spoke to me...I was lucky enough to snag it after Christmas...the New York sign was looong gone...making someone happy as a clam, I'm sure! ZGallerie has similar signs that sell for almost 400 bucks...not in our budget...but they don't have a Paris sign...sometimes things are meant to be!!

Anita said...

And I went to TJ Maxx and their's was ON HOLD for someone and I missed out. Having lived in paris, I gotta get me one. Can you tell me the maker, if it is listed on the back?

Thanks-

Anita
iowajunkgypsies.blogspot.com

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Love those subway signs that are popping up everywhere. A local gift store offers them with local names/places.

I obviously haven't been to TJ Maxx in a while...that gift bag is too cute. I work within walking distance so I may need to venture out to our TJ Maxx on my lunch hour!

~Chris

Heaven's Walk said...

OK......note to self: GO to TJ's tomorrow!!!! :)

xoxo laurie

ps would you share the distributor/brand/etc with me, Leslie?

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I'm getting some shopping w/o kids time this weekend (yay!) and am planning on hitting TJ Maxx. I hope I'm lucky enough to find a sign like this. It's awesome!!

Brooke said...

I love your style!

Alaina said...

TJMaxx is one of my favorite shops. I am lucky that a new one is moving just around the corner from where I work. I just can't wait to shop after work. I love the bag too.

3 Peanuts said...

SO SO happy you found it. It looks GREAT in your beautiful and peaceful room. I have left without things and gone back the next day only to find it gone SO SO many times. I am going to scour our TJ's for that now. Will is going to Paris this Spring with school and I think it would look cool in his room and remind him of his trip/

Andrea said...

TJ Maxx/Happiness. One in the same for me.

Between You and Me said...

everything about that room of yours is beautiful....

and, I have one of those bags from tjmaxx...love them!