Saturday, June 19, 2010

Living like the Rich and Famous for $3!!!

Now if I had lots of money, I could carry it around in my stunningly beautiful  money clip

And for when I go to the "club" I can now use my gorgeous  key chain when I hand over my keys to the valet.


And for all of those times that I sign over huge amounts of money to my favorite charity I can pull my gorgeous silver pen out of my pretty little pen  pouch. (Say that 10 times fast!)



 I would hope you would all know me better than that by now!  On my budget I am buying Bic pens in the econo pack, my key chain has never been in the hands of a valet except for when I pull up to the emergency room, and a money clip, what would I need that for, I never carry cash on me except for when I garage sale and that would just look like I am being snooty if I pull out a gorgeous silver money clip to hand over a dollar for their junk (junk to them treasures to me!). 
However.....I scored these absolutely stunning pieces of Tiffany accessories yesterday at a garage sale, get this.... for a dollar a piece, these are still in the box, with pouches, authentic Tiffany silver!  I don't get it?  Did she not know about Tiffany?   And if she didn't like them, couldn't she have re-gifted?  Seriously!!!  I went online and added up a total of $480 worth of Tiffany delight for the grand total of $3!!!!  I feel so spoiled!!!  I have two pieces of Tiffany in our home, one was a beautiful crystal candle holder that my sister Melanie bought for my 30th birthday (wow, that will be 10 years ago next month!) and the other was a bracelet that Mark bought for me while we were in NY at Tiffany's.  The grand total of those pieces was $170 combined.  And I treasure them so much that I still have the boxes that they came in.  So you see why I was skipping away from that sale?   I was on cloud 9!!! And why had no one else picked these up yet?  Who walks by Tiffany blue boxes marked for a dollar and passes?  My momma didn't raise no fool! 

6 comments:

The Brick Cottage said...

Unbelievable! What an incredible find. I think my hands would have been trembling with excitement when handing over money for that purchase.

Missy in Texas said...

Now THAT is crazy! Lucky . The garage sale gods were smiling on you.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Well look at you. Those were quite the score!

Anonymous said...

That is pure craziness!

Shannon said...

Wow! Great finds! Makes you wonder what other Tiffany pieces she had in her house that she actually likes.

Dear Lillie said...

Wow! That is unbelievable and I am so jealous! Haha!