Tuesday, June 22, 2010

It's Where You'll Find Me

I have spent more time at home in the past 4 weeks than probably ever in the almost 10 years that we have lived out here.  And I will let you in on a little secret, I am loving it.  I finally have time to enjoy the areas of our home that I created for hanging out with my family.  Here are a few places that if you drop on by in the morning or evening, you just might get a sneaky peak of me in my bathrobe!! 

I love my porch swing!  I need to paint it white but for now, I just put a quilt that I found at a garage sale on it.  Actually, this quilt is just like the one that was on my bed at my grandparents cottage when I was growing up.  I was the oldest so I had my own room, (although I was always too scared to sleep in there alone!!)  Myah and I will sit out here and eat ice cream sandwiches after dinner!

Another garage sale treasure from this year!  This set is on my front porch and I love it!! It set me back $20!!  See my mom/Grandma's trumpet vine in the background, provides privacy and is sentimental at the same time. 

I hung ferns from my porch this year, I wanted the Florida feel, and all I got was a bunch of little birds making nests in here and raising their families!! Good grief!  I have a feeling I am going to get booted off of my porch pretty soon until all of the little birdies have learned to fly!
These chairs were a huge surprise to me!  A few weeks ago, Mark's Uncle Charlie and Aunt Bev asked if they could come down, they had something for the kids.  Well, when he pulled these out of his car I started squealing!  I have wanted some of these for years!! So much so that I ordered 2 more from him for Mark and I!!! I am going to paint them soon too.  Love them so much!!





Here is my deck, I put a little settee out there with an umbrella, this area gets a ton of sun and becomes beastly hot at the end of the day.  It is a great place in the morning!

I didn't get a good shot of my garden area but these comfy chairs and table are actually under our deck and I love having a place to go and sit in the shade.  My garden has grown up around it so it is a relaxing place to visit and entertain. 

Ok, so who's up for a sit???

3 comments:

paige said...

oh me, i'll be right over!
the swing is charming
& i love how you decorated that pricey table you scored :)
love all your girlfriends hanging out 'down under'
love seeing your home
xo

Anonymous said...

my mom grew up in Florida and loves trumpet vines! It's much to cold to grow them here. She also has a porch swing which I love to sit on and watch the humming birds dance through her garden. One day I will live in a place that is sunny enough to have actual cushions on my chairs!

3 Peanuts said...

It all looks so relaxing. The birds ALWAYS built nests in our ferns. We loved having he baby birds...excpet it made watering the ferns a bit tricky.