Tuesday, June 15, 2010

I am having a craving!

Have you ever tasted something for the first time and thought to yourself  " I should have never tried this because I know the only way to get this again is to drive a thousand miles"?  This shaved ice treat was from Frost Bites in Seaside Florida, I chose the Rootbeer Float flavor with cream on top of course.  Oh my, I LOVE this stuff!!  Seriously, shaved ice?  How hard can that be?  Not sure, but I know that I am craving it so badly that I am willing to try to shave my own.  Hmm, how would I go about that?  Use a grater? A razor? How else do you shave?  With my hubbys electric Bic?  I am sure he would love that!! 
The lady told us that her stuff is so good that on busy days people are wrapped around the corner waiting to order.  Just look at all of these flavors! 

Inside her little Airstream trailer she had wallpapered the walls with real dollars!  She even had an authentic old refrigerator in there, housing real glass pop bottles that she used to flavor our ice.  Every detail was precious!
Miss Myah decided to try her own very large rainbow version, who would let their child wear a white Lily P. shirt and try a rainbow mess, well, that would be me.. and just so you know, that shirt was a treasure found at my Sal. Army for $4! 




Oh Frost Bites, how I miss you!  I guess I will just have to wait until my next trip to get my fix! 

5 comments:

Home as Hobby said...

I'm not sure if you have Bahama Bucks where you are, but their shaved ice looks just like your pics. Not as cute...but very tasty. Just in case you needed to satisfy your craving and can't have Frosty Bites. :)

Anonymous said...

now I want to go to! still loving your photos!

paige said...

darn that frost bites...we go EVERYDAY when we're there...can you believe?
please tell me i told you to go there...please tell me i didn't leave out that crucial detail.
not that i'm looking for any credit...just making sure i laid it on ya!
& look at that adorable child & her lilly score

1 Funky Woman said...

Hey what a bargain on that shirt! Maybe the same person who brought one, has more where that one came from! If anything you can use bleach! I so want what she is having!

Bring Pretty Back said...

What a wonderful business! Frosty Bites, I wish it was near me!
Kristin