Saturday, May 22, 2010

Special Prayer

This has been just one of "those" weeks. I won't bore you with all of my troubles, but I have one special request, that you pray for my sweet little 11 year old neighbor Courtney. My Monday morning started out with a phone call from my neighbor Amy telling me that she had an emergency and that she had already called 911 but could I please come down and watch her son until her husband Brian got home while she took Courtney to the hospital. I ran down the street, let myself in the house and found Amy in the bathroom with Courtney screaming in pain on the floor. She thought it was constipation, she had been to the Dr. a week ago with the same symptoms, just this time it was down her right side so Amy was afraid it was her appendix. My son Dayton had the same problem a few years ago after coming home from camp, Courtney had just been to 5th grade camp so we figured that was the culprit. If only it were that simple. The EMT came to the house and determined that she was probably fine, no appendix problems and that Amy could take her to the ER herself instead of a traumatic ambulance ride. So my hubby loaded Courtney up and put her in their backseat, she was in alot of pain. As the day went on I noticed after several hours that they were still not home. I finally called Brian to see what was going on and he told me that the hospital found an ovarian tumor and could not help her so they sent her to the University hospital 10 minutes away. We are so fortunate to have 2 very wonderful hospitals so close by. They claimed that they have never seen a child this young with such a tumor. She has her own team of Dr's documenting everything. They removed a softball sized tumor on Wednesday, along with her right ovary. We are now waiting to hear what the pathology reports indicated, whether it is the big bad disease or not, they already put a stint in for her during surgery in case she needs chemo. This is where you come in, please join us in lifting this sweet family up in prayer, please pray that the tumor was benign and that she can come home and return to her normal, scooter riding little life. Poor Amy couldn't eat all week and has been an emotional wreck, I really can't imagine. We are all in a state of shock, we thought she was going in for consitpation and then we find out that she is the first case this huge hospital has ever seen with this type of tumor. We are so thankful that we are so near such a great hospital and her care can continue while she is close. It was thought she may have been able to come home today, I haven't seen much life over there the past two days so I am not sure. They live 2 doors down from us and are just wonderful neighbors, when we moved in Courtney was a year old. She is just the sweetest young lady and I love when her and her little brother will come knocking on our door to see if Dayton wants to come out and play with them. I am sure their lives are forever changed by the events that have taken place this week, we will be there for them, however they need us, but right now I feel the only thing that I can do is spread the word to pray for little Courtney. Thanks so much!!!

15 comments:

1 Funky Woman said...

Oh my heavens what horrible news. I will definitely pray for that little one and that it is benign and she can go back to her normal little girl self!

Kim said...

Wow. I'll get my prayer warriors on this for sure and invade the heavens with pleas for healing. Please keep us posted on this little girl and her family.
xoxo,
Kim

Elaine said...

I can't help but ask if this is the same family that I know that this happened to. Was Courtney's dad in NYC at the National Stationary Show when this happened early in the week? If it is then I would love to know and how to get in touch with them. Thank you. Either way I will be praying for her.
My mother had an ovarion tumor the size of a softball when she was 16, had it removed, and still had 3 healthy girls!

mamaseasonings.blogspot.com

elainetjohnson@gmail.com

Nancy said...

Lifting Courtney and her family up in prayer. I will pray extra hard for this little girl. Please do let us know when you here. Praying for you also, her family is blessed to have a wonderful support system in your family. Keeping you all in my prayers.

Jo said...

I'll be lifting this sweet little girl up in prayer along with her family ~ may the next batch of news be positive and healthy!

My mother had ovarian cancer ~ it's such a sneaky disease.

Please keep us updated on Courtney's health.

Jo

Anonymous said...

oh that poor thing! I hate to hear that! and we must pray strength for the family as well!

John & Michelle said...

Praying with you in Cookeville, TN! Michelle

paige said...

praying they take that stint out as quick as they put it in because it won't be needed...that's one of my prayers
praying she heals quickly & gets back to her sweet innocent life
xo

Comeca Jones said...

My heart and soul was brought to fullness. I embrace this child and give all the energy I can muster to lift her up in the mighty name of Jesus!She will be healed.

Cheyenne said...

I am praying, I am praying, I am praying...

Jill said...

Will be sending mountains of prayers their way!
and b.t.w.- a dear friend of ours daughter had a cyst also at an early age(10) and it turned out to be benign-thankfully!- we'll just pray this is the same!
Many Blessings!
Jill

3 Peanuts said...

I will pray for them. Bless her little 5th grade heart.

Olga said...

Thoughts and prayers for your neighbor's daughter. I hope and pray that all test come back negative.So that she may continue being a happy and healthy little girl.

Terrell said...

She and her family will for sure be in my prayers! May she have the best and speedy recovery!

AntiqueChase said...

I'm still here.. sucked into the vortex of your blog. Did you do an update on her? I didn't read it. is she okay? I realize this is a long time ago.