Friday, May 7, 2010

Mother's Day Gift Ideas

This has to be probably one of my favorite gifts that Mark has ever given me! My mom and sister both have Trollbead bracelets and I wanted one so bad for a long time. On Christmas morning he surprised me with my very own! We weren't supposed to do anything for each other this year, I cried! He started me out with the bracelet and 3 beads, since then we have added to it. In January during the week of the 14th it was the first anniversary of my Dad's passing and Mark bought me a bead for every day of that week. So sweet. I love these bracelets, each bead has a special meaning. For instance mine range from my Grandmother's name (Florence), to Moon Ocean ( you know how I love the ocean! ) The Great Wall ( because we climbed the Great Wall when we adopted our daughter from China), Abba, because me, my mom and Myah love Momma Mia (actually I have always loved Abba), Khaki stripe, duh, I love khaki and stripes, black squirrel because my Dad used to take me with her squirrel hunting when I was little ( I never hunted, too scared! ) and Team for Dayton, it is a cool silver bead representing all sports. I need just a few more to complete my bracelet. I treasure this gift so much and love adding to it.



This time of year there are so many beautiful items in the stores to purchase. I love browsing the malls this time of year. I feel so bad for the guys that are walking around aimlessly looking for something that they think would make their wife happy. I thought I would give my little list of things that I think any momma would love to receive. ( I know I would, hint hint!) How can you go wrong with Anthropologie? I browsed around there the other day and so many things caught my eye. I thought these were just precious! Flower measuring cups and spoons! Wouldn't these just brighten up mom's kitchen?!

I actually had them wrap this one up for me as a little treasure,little measuring cups that are shells. See how cute it looks in my kitchen!!?




I love my pillows from my sister's little business Lettered Threads. She can personalize them with your own special numbers or letters.






I love this line, although I have only purchased the sample $9 bottle of perfume, I don't know any woman who wouldn't love a gift of Lollia! They are a bit pricey, isn't that what we do on Mother's Day, buy her something she would never buy herself?! I fell in love with all of their fragrances but Wish was my favorite.






It is no secret that I am turning 40 this year, oh my a few months to be exact, and I have decided it is time to take better care of my skin. People always think I am younger than what I am (I would like to keep it that way! ) I do see my skin changing so much lately. I have used Arbonne before in the past but their new RE9 Advanced anti aging line is incredible. I have a good friend who sells it and she gave me a sample, oh my I am not kidding when I tell you I saw visible results within an hour, no joke slowpoke!!! So I had me a little pampering party with my friends the other night and earned this whole collection for next to nothing! I am so happy with my products, they smell amazing and use only the best natural ingredients. Love it! They even have a lift product that will give you a mini facelift for 12 hours!



I love my panini maker, this one is from Williams Sonoma and is on sale this week. We use ours for everything, grilling, making quesadillas, paninis etc. A great addition to any mom's kitchen! My sweet hubby just surprised me with Kari Jobe's cd, she is a CCM artist and I love her style. She has a gorgeous voice and I love her music, very inspiring and relaxing at the same time. Plus she is as cute as a button and her blog is eye candy!


Us mom's love a good movie! I am running out today to buy It's Complicated, I have not seem it yet but everyone told me how good it was, my mother in law sent me the sweetest card and a gift card to Target for mom's day (isn't that just the nicest?) and I am going later to pick it up! I also saw the Blindside last week, talk about an inspiring mom! Loved it too!


I am in love with Essie nail polish, especially because I can buy it at Target or Meijers now. I love the Ballet Slipper shade, so delicate.

I spotted these adorable mom/daughter aprons at Anthro the other day too! I grew up in a family where we wear our aprons when we cook so my kiddos always want their own too. I know I would have loved to have my own little apron when I was helping my Grandma and Momma cook!



I saved my favorite gift for last. The other day I was in a store and saw these boxes full of quotes, like super cool quotes, 365 of them to be exact. The store was selling the quotes individually but they can be purchased in a whole set. I love this gift. Say it again, I LOVE this gift!!! It is made by Sugarboo Designs and comes in a white or black box. I have a few of these quotes hung around my house! I found mine locally at RSVP in Plymouth.

Here they are in my house.
"Hem your blessings with thankfulness so they don't unravel" Love that one!

Hope this inspires some of you to get something beautiful and meaningful for your sweet mother this year!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

these ideas make me want to go shopping. I've seen that sugarboo box with the quotes before and thought it was pretty cool. I've also looked at the shell teaspoon set and you're right, it really does look great in your kitchen!

Farmgirl Paints said...

First of all love...Sugarboo. Great stuff. Both those movies are awesome. I have both of those pillows on my couch...made by your sister of course:) Anthro is the best. It's like they crawled into my brain and sketched out all my loves:) Now I'm off to check out Kari Jobe. I imagine I'll love her too. Thanks for sharing.