Saturday, May 29, 2010

Poor Dayton


Poor Dayton. That is what I have been hearing for the past 3 days. Dayton was playing in his last baseball game on Thursday when he went to steal 3rd base and collided with the 3rd baseman. Dayton immediately fell to the ground, I heard him screaming, the coach ran to him and yelled for the trainer, then he yelled for someone to get him his phone, at this point I told Mark to run down onto the field. I soon followed. The trainer told me that it is bad, he probably broke his tibia (shin bone) and that we need to take him to the ER, so we carefully transported him there and from there they sent us to the major children's hospital where we ended up staying the night. They are worried about compartment syndrome, swelling of the muscle, we were preparing for surgery all night and all day the next day, praying that he would not need it. However he is scheduled for surgery on Tuesday afternoon to repair the break, he is either going to receive flexible nails or a plate and screws in order to realign the leg. He is in major pain and although he is home I am not sure that he is resting comfortably. There is a worry of the swelling issue after the surgery as well. The Dr told us this is a very difficult bone to break and normally they don't see this type of break in anything other than a car accident. Poor Dayton.


He will be in a cast for 10 weeks to 3 months. We are already learning what a challenge this is going to be. There goes his whole summer... again, last year he broke his hand during the summer. He has exams next week as school is ending, I talked to his counselor and she told us not to worry, we will figure something out. I would sure appreciate your prayers and good wishes, it is getting pretty stressful around here!


Speaking of prayers, thank you so much for your prayers for Courtney, she came home last Saturday and we learned that the tumor was benign! We are so thankful! Ironically, Dayton is going to be in the same hospital that she was. He is scared about "going under" so we are hoping that Courtney can come over and be the voice of experience and ease his fears.


Well, I am exhausted and need to go to bed, just wanted to update everyone and ask once again that your cover us with your prayers. Mark's birthday is Monday and Myah's is Tuesday,the day of his surgery, I feel bad but what can you do? I hope that soon I will be back with some decorating posts, I promise soon!!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Poor Dayton is right! OUCH!! I'll be praying for a smooth surgery.

Olga said...

I just read your post I hope everything went well with Dayton's surgery and that your Mom is doing well. I'm so glad to hear that your neighbor's little girl is going to be ok. Sending prayers

Farmgirl Paints said...

Just read Courtney's story. Wow...how scary and a tumor like that at 11. That's just unbelievable. So glad to hear it was benign. God is good!