Sunday, April 27, 2008

Freshening Up



I am in love with this black and white ribbon! I love tying the bottom of my urns with a cute bow.
This angel vine is my favorite, I put it in my favorite urn and sat it on our dining room table.
I love my jars, I change them out frequently, this is my nest theme, cute eggs and moss, I love moss!
This jar is pretty large and one of my favorite $15.00 finds, this one is large enough to house a birdie and her little nest.
I love this tiny topiary, for $5.00 I thought it would make enough of a statement if I put in in this urn and placed it on our mantel.
I love our fresh white mattlesse bedding that we got for Christmas. My sister gave me this canopy to use years ago and I just now put it over our bed, so pretty and romantic!

Our bedside table even got a makeover, with my China doll plant and an old silver bowl that I found for $3.00 to hold our honeymoon sea shells.

I love this time of year, I get really geeked up about opening windows and playing outside, I call it coming out of hibernation. I try to freshen up the inside of our house as well, I love cleaning out closets, especially our front hall closet. I remove heavy winter coats and store them in the basement, I replace them with lighter jackets. I hide hats and mittens in the bottom compartment of my hall tree, hoping that I don't have to pull them out until Novemeber! I have a shoe organizer hanging on the inside of the door and I trade out dark winter shoes for our filp flops and sandals. I also keep a few umbrellas in here as well just in case we are running out the door and it is pouring outside! My favorite Vera Bradley bags are kept in here as well, I am always on the go in the spring and summer and having a back to pack close by saves me from running upstairs to find a bag. I keep a bag ready for the baseball games as well, certain toys, markers, coloring books, snacks, bottled water, camera, etc. in this closet so I can just grab it as we run out the door. I feel so much better when I am prepared.


I also love to freshen up the inside of the house, we spend so much time outside, and I try to bring bits of spring inside as well. I love to have fresh plants, although I get neglectful, I like to find plants that are inexpensive so in case I have a fatality, I am not out lots of money! Here are some pictures of some very inexpensive ways that I have freshened up the house. Many times I am just moving things from one room to another or taking a shopping trip to my basement and giving new life to an old favorite. I have a sickness about constantly moving things around until I love it. My house is constantly changing, same stuff, just different place.

9 comments:

Shannon said...

Ok, I love so much about all these pictures!! I love that ribbon and the plant that is in the urn. Is it real? I'm guessing so since it looks so great! Also, I love the white bedding, we have all white bedding in the spring and summer too. I love it! The lampshade beside your bed is so cute too! Is that a slipcover? Everything looks great! I'm inspired!

Joy said...

Oooh, cute pictures! You must have a green thumb cuz you have lots of real plants. I'm impressed.

Anonymous said...

Love them all . . . I too am inspired! Your photography is always so beautiful.

Jennifer, mommy to Adrienne

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Such pretty pictures!

Thanks for sharing!!

Melissa

Kate said...

Oh your little touches are beautiful!! I am so glad I stopped by!!

Heather said...

Love it all - my husband always says he can't help around the house because everything is always moving and shifting... guess he has a point;)

You have such style and grace, Leslie.

Heather

Lori said...

I haven't been over here in awhile~ I've been missing out! :) Everything looks lovely, I love your b&w ribbon~ so, so pretty!! And well, you know I love everything else too! :D
Your bed coverlet is GORGEOUS!! :)

Erin said...

Very beautiful! You have a gift, Leslie! Your bedroom is sooo pretty! I love it!

Anonymous said...

love all the pics, so pretty! the angel vine is adorable.. are those easy to find? would love to get one!