Monday, April 7, 2008

Add these to your Library!




Quite a few years ago I was watching a program and this woman was on there promoting her new little book. She was so perky, beautiful, well spoken and most of all passionate about praying for her children. I quickly ordered her book and it has been one of my favorites ever since. It is called Praying the Scriptures for Your Children and it is by Jodie Berndt. Now that Myah is in our family, I find myself using all the parts of the book, especially about siblings. She gives particular scriptures that relate to raising children and the situations that they encounter in their lives. It is a small devotional book that provides me with prayers and scriptures to support the prayers. I love this book. I was so excited to learn that she has a book out for teenagers as well. Being that in less than a month a teenager will live under our roof, I think I need to order this one for my collection as well. Perfect timing! I found the book on Amazon but I am sure you can find it other places as well. You need this one if you have children!

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Thanks for the tips. Dayton is not going to be a teenager...I figure if I say it enough, it won't happen:) I will let our family fellowship group know about these as well.
Love ya, Sess!

Heather said...

I love the children's one - I have it at fingertips reach at all times! It has blessed my mothering on so many occasions.

These are must haves:)

Heather

3 Peanuts said...

Oh that is a good suggesion... I have power of a praying mother but I need to order these...thanks...
K

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

Thank you for this great recommendation. I have been wanting to start incorporating Bible verses with Lindy in our prayers. I think we will both grow as a result.

xoxo,
Lisa

AMY said...

Thanks for sharing the books. I will be buying the first one! I can't get enough mentoring in the Godly parenting department. I love your blog. You have such a great eye for style.