Monday, September 13, 2010

Expect the Unexpected

Unexpected:  Coming without warning; unforeseen  definition from American Heritage Dictionary

Unexpected.  Another word for surprise, I really dislike surprises. However I do like things that are unexpected. Most of the time.  I especially like them when it is something like a gorgeous sunflower field in full bloom on your way to a birthday party and your little girl is dressed in her cute little house on the prairie dress.  And she is a willing participant.  I just let her be as the cars were whizzing by us.  I LOVE sunflowers, I wish I could have them in my home every day, I was so excited when we just drove up on this beautiful field of sunshine on a gloomy day.  They all had their own personality, some were droopy like they were pouting, it was kind of comical. 



What a treasure to find alongside a busy road.  Somewhere that I would have never expected it to be.
Of course my little one loved running in the fields, she also loved the mint in her mouth!

What a sight,  sunflowers as far as I could see, it was like they were bowing their heads down to me as to say "hello your majesty!"
Sweet sweet child, skipping in the sunflowers

I took this one from inside my car window, I just happened to look behind me and there was this barn.  Unexpectedly.
So many things are coming at me so fast lately, I am trying to stay organized and prepared, just to keep up in case anything unexpected comes up.  And it did.  And right around that time, when I was dealing with something I prayed I never had to, I found this in my garden.  Several of them.  I knew I had not planted them there, how did they get there?  What are they???  Then one day Myah happened to be standing nearby when I was admiring the new growth, she said, "oh,momma, I planted them, me and Annabelle, she dug the dirt and planted the seed and I watered them."  How precious!!! It really caught me speechless.  She was so proud.  And would you believe the other day we finally got a glimpse of what type of crop she was growing. 
Get this......
My favorite tiny white gourd pumpkins!  God has a way of sending the unexpected our way just when we need it the most. 
As I type this I am listening to the Mr. talk to a nurse, she is on the phone getting the information she needs for Dayton's surgery tomorrow morning.  Unexpectedly, we went to the surgeons  office on Friday and she wants the plate and screws out, something is causing an infection of some sort and he has a golf ball sized lump on the lower part of his scar.  So here we go again.  I would appreciate any prayers you can send his way.  If there is anything I know for certain it is to expect the unexpected.

16 comments:

Shannon said...

Beautiful pictures! Sunflowers are perfect for fall. Thinking of you and your family and wishing you all the best.

Farmgirl Paints said...

Beautiful pictures and sentiment. Loved the gourd. Your very own! I will be thinking of you as you face your next trial. Praying grace for the stress of it all.

NanaDiana said...

Isn't that the truth? Expect the unexpected! And, often, God provides for us just when we least expect it.

Beautiful plants from beautiful little girls. I am saying a prayer for Dayton that all goes well. I hope once they get the pins out that the infection will take leave. Infections are such a big pain after surgeries and happen more than anyone wants to admit.

Hugs to you, my friend- Diana

hilary@oldhousetruelove said...

amazing photos. the one of your daughter touching the sunflower took my breath away. beautiful.

Dawn said...

I have never seen anything like this before...so beautiful! Peonies and Sunflowers are my two favorite flowers. Praying for Dayton tomorrow during his surgery, and still praying for your Mom...xoxo

Dear Lillie said...

Simply beautiful - beautiful post, beautiful daughter!

paige said...

leslie, i'm serious, that first image is one of the most gorgeous i've ever seen. what a beautiful beautiful child you have...wow!
& what ginormous sunflowers!!!!!!
i'm so jealous. they don't grow that huge down here & the ones that did bloom died out back in july. lucky girl, she just so happened to be sportin a matilda jane....rockin photos!!!

praying for dayton.praying he heals quickly & can get back to being a boy....active young man, i mean!

love you & your sissie!!! duh...

ps---the little guords....how sweet is that?!

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry that you're still dealing with your son's injury! I'm sure you are SO ready to just be done with it! These photos are just gorgeous! How lucky to stumble onto such a beautiful spot! framers for sure!

Ms. Amber D said...

Just a beautiful post! Simply Beautiful..... ~ Amber

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Every one of these photos is just gorgeous!

And the pumpkins, how sweet.

Best wishes through everything,
Chris

Heaven's Walk said...

Hey Leslie ---- awesome photos today, friend! Just awesome! Myah is a stunning little girl and so very photogenic! What a blessing she must be in your life! My prayers go out to Dayton. My daughter had plates taken out of her arm after surgery, also, and the healing actually began after that. So keep your chin up! God is in control! :)

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Sheila said...

You take the most beautiful and serene photos. I would love to have you take photos of my daughter!
I will be praying for a successful result from Dayton's surgery, and that your family gets a chance to enjoy some quiet months ahead.

Deborah said...

Ill be remembering your loved one in prayer today...even now.
Love your post and your thoughts..so true.
And your daughter is so beautiful..and the sunflowers..what fun! You've captured their beauty here so nicely!!
I love sunflowers too!!!

Deborah xoxo

Shannon said...

I hope everything went well with Dayton's surgery.
I just wanted to thank you again for the wonderful painting. I received it yesterday and I absolutely love it! Thank you so much :)

3 Peanuts said...

Oh my..so much to comment on. First, I am praying for Dayton and for you. Scary. Secondly...LOVE the sunflower photos and yea, they DO look like they are bowing down to you. Myah looks GORGEOUS by the way. She is so grown up now!

And finally....LOVE the tiny white pumpkins. So wish I had them growing right now. More importantly....so glad they were a little pick me up for you. You deserve that.

Polly said...

Oh I just love it when I stumble on such a clever blog filled with lovely photos! And your music is wonderful!