Monday, March 1, 2010

More views of our Nest

After I posted yesterday I realized I have not shown too much of our home at all on here. It sure seems like I have so I plan on giving you the grand tour. While it is clean.. just kidding, I am a neat freak and like to have things in order. My family does not share my passion. I'm working on Myah at least!!! Here are a few more for your viewing pleasure.
This is in our downstairs bathroom: My sister Melanie got me this for my birthday a few years ago, she knows how I long to be at the beach all of the time.

This vanity just got a new coat of paint as well! It gave it new life! Oh, and check out my $8 stool! Myah says it is too wobbly for her!

Love this old grain scoop, I put extra flour sack hand towels in it for our guests or anyone who needs one! We get kind of messy around here! I have had my eye out for one of these after I saw it in a magazine used as a paper towel holder. I tried it but the paper towels were just a bit too thick to be convenient enough for me to use it all of the time.

I have an old beachy vintagey feel in this powder room. I love the picture of my family members from years and years ago at the beach in their old time swimming suits. I enlarged it and made it the inspiration piece for the room. I also found this cool group photo of Navy sailors for $7 the other day and because I have a special place in my heart for the military I had to snatch it up. These pictures are a good size they don't really look like it on here.

This was my Sweetest Day gift from (myself) ah hem, Mark. I have had my eye on it for a while, these vintage bathing suits are hard to find, and this was of course a good deal that I couldn't pass up. I hung it from a vintage hangar and then hung that from a cool hook that I found while thrifting. It really is a cute little potty if I don't say so myself! I love the color in this room, I have had it Rope by Eddie Bauer (Lowe's ) for quite a few years, I must love it to have kept it that long!


Onto the dining room that we never use..... I had left over twigs from the mantel project so I stuck some in this urn. I tucked in a tiny little nest and birdie, hoping to encourage spring along!!


Love this starfish from our honeymoon!! I really do treasure the little things in life.
Like the piece of birch bark in this jar, I gathered if from the special place that my Daddy wanted his ashes spread. I know he is at peace and whole again, this gives me comfort when I see it and it reminds me of that precious day that we carried out his wishes, HIS way! Ok, I need to go get a tissue....just a minute :(

Ok, leaving you on a good note....I spotted this super cool vintage tin mirror on final markdown at my fav thrift store, she was in my hands so fast!

I will be back with more....

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Yea! I'm loving the house tour! I love the idea of the flour sacks in the old grain scoop!

Jeanne Oliver said...

What a lovely home you have. I love the grain scoop to hold towels...awesome!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I love the touches you have in your home. So pretty to look at. I absolutley love the towels in the grain scoop. Now I'm going to be on the lookout for one! I really liked the photo of the navy men as well. My grandfather used to have a very similar photo hanging in his home - he was a pround navy man.

3 Peanuts said...

It is all so beautiful and calming:)

Posh Girl Couture said...

LOVE your blog too!!!!
I just found your sisters ~ & You two made my night!
Love the grain scoop too & really, everything!

Beautiful.

Thank you for the inspiration,

Joelle XOXO

WhisperWood Cottage said...

I especially adore what you did with the grain scoop and the swim suit! So wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Everything looks so beautiful! I scrolled down to the post about your kitchen too. We really do have similar taste don't we? My favorite is the large urn on your table lined with burlap and then full of shells. I could look at that all day long too. Oh, and I love that you found an old photo of your family at the beach. That's a great idea!

Bohemian chic said...

Beautiful, I love all the little details.