Monday, February 8, 2010

Dayton'a' 500


Dayton starts drivers ed today... boo hooo. My baby is growing up! He is just thrilled and I am a wee bit nervous. This is huge! What a strange feeling knowing that my little boy will be driving down our local streets behind the wheel with someone else in the car besides Mark or I . I feel very confident in the company that we chose, Mark used to "moonlight" as a drivers ed instructor at this place and we at one time owned our own company. But there is just something about letting your child operate a moving motor vehicle that leaves me unsettled. And to top it off, we are supposed to get our biggest snow storm of the year this week. Yikes! I am hoping that they will not put these young drivers out on those roads! We have always called Dayton "Daytona 500" since he was a little guy, lets just hope he doesn't drive like that! I am excited for him to start this phase of his life and I am sure eventually I will be glad that he can run himself everywhere, sometimes I feel like painting my car yellow and charging for rides! I just can't believe that he is now old enough to start driving, time flies people, enjoy your sweetie pies, they grow up so fast!

No comments: