Monday, May 12, 2008

I Went Back!











I went back to that super cool garage sale and I told Mark not to worry about getting me anything for Mother's Day, I just want money to pick up a few things. I pulled into the driveway and they were happy to see me again. I am going to sign up for their fairy garden workshop with Myah. These ladies are so awesome! They said that they sell their treasures to the stores that I frequent, selling antiques and cool stuff to them. I really hit the motherload!
Here are the fun items that I picked up. My house looks like a bomb went off after being at ball tournaments all weekend and my new treasures are scattered around until they find their permanant home. I am glad today is a rainy day and I can fuss! I am in the process of a doing a really exciting project that I will share with you soon! I am really having fun!
FYI: The cool dresser was $10, the pretty chair was $20 (love this chair, in perfect condition!) Myah calls it her Cinderella chair, wagon $10, flag $3,croquet set $6, plate $3, pretty white bowl $4,fabric $3, books were 25 cents a piece at church rummage sale and Seasons of Cannon Falls snowman was unpriced, I asked the lady how much for it and she said "oh, a quarter!" what a steal!!!

12 comments:

Colleen said...

Wow! What bargains! I can't believe you got the chair for $20! Looks like you'll be busy with all your finds...but a fun busy!

Jill said...

Oh my goodness...you found the greatest bargins! I love everything, especially the chair.

You have a great eye for beautiful vintage items. I don't think Houston has garage sales like that. I want to shop with you!

Kelly said...

WOW!!!

That is the best stuff ever- great prices! Makes me want to hit the sales Saturday:-)

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Wow, you found fantastic stuff! I might have to reconsider my ban on garage sale-ing!

Happy day,
Melissa

Kate said...

OH wow....that stuff is killer!! What a fun sale...and how much fun is it to come home with the car loaded to the gills with such great finds! I was happy and all I did was LOOK at your stuff!! :-)

Kate

Dawn said...

I have NEVER found things like that at a yard sale!! I LOVE that chair...it is fit for a Princess Myah...for sure!!

Sheri said...

Wow! You sure did hit the mother load. I can't wait to see all this stuff in your house -- it's going to look fabulous! I can see some special pictures being taken in that great chair. :)

Shannon said...

Have you been able to put down Redemption? I'm so excited for you and wish I was just starting out these series for the first time! :)

Blogs by Danielle said...

What amazing finds. I love the dresser!

Heather said...

Woohoo Leslie - you hit the motherload - love it all and I cannot wait to see what you do with some of your special finds - they are all priceless. I always love to imagine how others used our antiquey things and what the history there is.

Good job, girl!

Heather

Lori said...

How fun~ you found some terrific things! What fun "Mother's Day" gifts! :)
The Cinderella chair is perfect for Myah!

Deb said...

Hi, I found your blog through Bless Our Nest, and I just had to comment on your AWESOME garage sale finds. The only thing I can say is OMG!!!!! You hit the mother load. That chair, and that dresser, and those books, and that plate... OMG!!! I wish I could find an awesome garage sale like that here. And the bargains? WOW!! Can't wait to see what else you find out there.