Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Crowning Glory

My beautiful vintage tiara on the bottom and my sweet little Prom Queen crown (leaning) are two of my favorite treasures.
This is Myah's tiny little collection, aren't they precious! She is my princess!


I have a confession to make, I am in love with crowns and tiaras. I think I always have been. Whether it be a tiny crown in a bridal veil that my aunt wore in her wedding or my obsession with Princess Diana, I have always been drawn to royalty of any kind. One of the best days in my life was the day I was able to view Diana's wedding gown and tiara. I even picked out my own bridal veil becase it shimmered like a real tiara, so beautiful! I always loved crowns. It is funny to me because no one really knew about this other than my close family and yet I was crowned queen of the 8th grade dance, (I guess my niceness paid off) and then I was honored to be on Homecoming court in my sophomore year and then the greatest honor when I was chosen as our Prom Queen. I am not bragging at all, quite the opposite actually. I just wonder if I was a princess in a past life or something (ha ha!). I am still drawn to tiaras and crowns. I see vintage tiaras in magazines or on decorating blogs and I would love to collect them however they can be pricey and they are hard to find in my neck of the woods. I did purchase a beautiful vintage crown a few years ago when I started taking pictures, it will be perfect when Myah is a bit older, and will keep it on her head, with a tutu, perfect photo op! I keep it in a special place next to my little prom queen crown. You will have to bop on over to my other blog at Myah's Days and see my tribute to proms this week. My sister purchased a set of tiaras for Myah as well and she loves to dress up like a little princess. I thought my blog could use a little bling for a change! Why not go ahead and pick up a tiny tiara and make your hubby treat you like a queen for a day!

5 comments:

Sharon said...

Oh Leslie!! What an absolutely BEAUTIFUL blog you have!! I can see right through to your very romantic soul!

Thank you so mcu for you kind and wise comments ! I have really enjoyed reading them especially right at this exciting time!

I am going to add your link to my list if you don't mind! Its like coming to look at a magazine over here!!

PS and of course you have an adorable daughter!!!! I should have said that first!! hehe

Don and Lisa Osborn said...

What a sweet idea. I think you're the first person I know who collects crowns and tiaras.

What a fun post!!!

All the best, your highness~

Princess Lisa

3 Peanuts said...

I love these. Miss KAte has just one but her hair is too thin to keep it on. I LOVE LOVE LOVE them. Can you share any sources?

Lori said...

We are much alike my friend~ of course I love tiaras too and have a little collection myself. hehee :)
I love the vintage one especially.
They're ALL beautiful!!
Nothing like a tiara to make a girl feel special. :)

Heather said...

I think this is such a cute post!! I love that you love the blingy things...I have never owned a tiara and think it is high time I find myself one:)

Prom Queen, you are simply the COOLEST! Enjoy this prom season - I always loved being belle of the ball myself.

Have a great weekend.

Heather