Friday, May 9, 2008

Garage Sale Season Opener

My treasures from the sale, I am making new curtains out of this gorgeous fabric for my office! The table was $3, fabric $3 , plate $1 and trim was $3.
I found this rocking horse at Salvation Army last week, she is getting a pretty makeover! She cost me $19
I picked these up at my favorite second hand store for Myah, I love the Gymboree jeans and suit! Total of $15.00

I went to my first sale of the year yesterday and what a goodie! I followed one little sign for a couple of blocks to find this sale, right on a super busy street! I had seen this sweet little house for many years and there was always cute stuff on her front porch so I figured we must have similar taste. I circled the block 2 times trying to find a spot in her driveway to park, she is right at the corner of an intersection, after the 3rd time I told myself that I would move on if I couldn't fit. Luckily someone had just pulled out and I plowed in! I hit the motherload! As I walked up I knew that this was no ordinary garage sale. It was set up like a little shop inside and it was full of stuff that I love! You would be proud of the self control that I exhibited! I did come away with these perfect treasures. It was 4 sisters who sell cool stuff to the cool stores in the area, they also do draperies, ottomans, etc. So much fun! I want to sign up for one of their classes to make a fairy garden. I am going back today, Mark has me running an errand in that area, poor me!!! They said that not even half of the stuff was out yet!! Yippee! I love finding treasures! I think if I was a millionaire I would still shop this way!

Here are a few treasures that I picked up plus a few other thrifting things that I picked up in my travels.

4 comments:

3 Peanuts said...

WOW! you got some great stuff!

Kim

Lori said...

How fun! I haven't been to a tag sale in SO long~ I think I'm about due for one! I just might have to come your way!!
I LOVE the fabric and the trim and especially the plate!!
Can't wait to see pretty pony when she's done!

Heather said...

Love your finds - I was particularly enamoured with the horsey - love it!! The table is pretty amazing too and the little bathing suit - she is going to be gorgeous on that beach:)

I think I may have to go to one of these - Honestly, I have never stopped at a tag sale. My parents had a moving sale when they moved and someone offered them a pretty penny for their perfect minto condition pram... I still have anger issues over them selling it before I had children;)

Can't wait to see what you do with your treasures.

Hugs,
Heather

Sharon said...

Its midnight and I am up over thinking so thought I'd pop over here for some pretty pictures!! lol
You are a good shopper!!