Friday, April 16, 2010

Seaside

The gorgeous beach of Seaside


These were taken on Easter Sunday



Of course there is wisteria!















This leads you to the beach













The shops were filled with super cool vingettes!



Cute little cupcake trailer!

















I could not get enough of these cool metal chairs!



The bikes were everywhere, what a way to get around!




The Modica Market was so cool, full of awesome treats and special spices. The Truman Show movie with Jim Carrey was filmed here.



For years I have begged and pleaded for a trip to the Florida panhandle along the Emerald Coast. We usually go to other parts of Florida for our spring break to stay with relatives and of course to visit our most favorite place on the planet, Disneyworld! The last time we were able to go was 3 years ago and I was just about ready to burst if I did not get my beachy sunshine fix. I am one of those people whose body and soul physically craves the sand and sun. Well as luck would have it as we were planning our trip for this year our good friends called and said that there were still some condos available where they are a group of their friends were staying and that we should join them. In the panhandle! This area did not dissapoint at all, we stayed in Santa Rosa Beach and our condo looked right out over the ocean. It was a gorgeous location. There is a highway that runs along the coast called 30A, this stretch is filled with adorable little quaint towns and beaches, one runs right into the other. We fell in love with the area. Gorgeous! One of the little towns along 30A is the famous Seaside. Lets just say I went there 4 times on our trip I loved it so much! Colorful little cottages, crisp white trim, charming shops, great eateries and a breathtaking beach. It was all I had hoped it would be! Everywhere you looked there was a photo op so I took tons while we were there. I will post more later these are just a few!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really love the way you take photos! I love looking at them and it makes me wish I could go! I looks like a place I would love!
ps i left you a comment yesterday and it's not showing up. weird.

Nancy said...

I've seen Seaside on so many other blogs and it looks like Heaven on Earth. Your pictures are breathtaking :)

1 Funky Woman said...

What a fantastic photographer you are! You really had a gorgeous place to take these pics. All those chairs and that cute bike! Was that really a cupcake airstream shop? Yum! Your daughter is adorable.

Debra said...

Great photos! I just love the cupcake 'wagon'. :)

Pam said...

Love these photos. We vacation in Destin and I always make a trip to Seaside. This is my favorite part of the world. I am also craving my little time with the sun and the sand.
Pam

Anonymous said...

Your pictures are great! I've seen Seaside on TV and have always wanted to go there. It looks like such a beautiful and happy place to be.