Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Ceiling Tin Photo Board




I could just stare at my babies all day long!!! I love them all so much!
See why we needed a new family picture, this was our last one 3 years ago! I cannot believe how big the kiddos are getting!

I love using all my cool magnets



You know how much I love old and shabby things! I love old tin!


Such a boring title I know. Sorry I am making a huge batch of Rigatoni for the whole JV baseball team (we feed them between double headers) and I am killing time before I have to leave so this will be a quickie! I saw this at a friend's house and fell in love with the concept so of course I was on the hunt for my own version. I scoured my local antique mall and found two of these pieces, I bought one initially for this project and then went back when they were all on sale for $20 and purchased a matching one to hang on the wall above our bed. I love to take pictures of my children and nieces and nephews but I have limited space to display them, this idea was a great solution, I love seeing all of my favorite photos in one place. I purchased more of those mighty strong magnets at Hobs Lobs the other day ( I am addicted to them right now! ) and I went to town hanging my photos up! Isn't this fun?!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 2 different boards all covered in photos and memorabilia like that. People love to look at them as much as I! Yours is so pretty. of course it would be! :)

Susan said...

Great pictures and a great idea!

Katy said...

I love the pics and the tin hanging on the wall...looks really cool!

1 Funky Woman said...

These are really fabulous, and I would stare at them all day if they were mine too!

ww said...

Great idea and what beautiful photos of your gorgeous family.

Tina said...

Hi Leslie, I hope you don't mind me stopping by. I LOVE this project!I am a huge pressed tin fan and never thought to use magnets with it! Brilliant:)~ Tina xx

paige said...

leslie, oh my word
i LOVE your ceiling tin photo board but really LOVE those photos...gorgeous shots!!

i'm so behind, just got caught up on some of your entries.
love how you captured the sites around seaside. i want the red chairs too, in a bad way!
told my hubby that now that i'm learning how to use my camera ( finally) and have a new lens that i'll need not one week in seaside but TWO so i can take a zillion shots!!
last year i think i only took 5,000
seriously