Friday, April 9, 2010

Just What the Dr. Ordered, Lots of Sunshine and Beaches!




Did I ever tell you how much of a kissy momma I am?




That is what my mom and I said as soon as we stepped foot onto the beach for our spring break vacation. We just returned home last night from the most beautiful place that I have ever been. We rented a condo on Santa Rosa Beach in the panhandle of Florida. Now we have been to many places in Florida but this stretch of beaches called Fort Walton Beaches spoiled us something rotten. It is called the Emerald Coast for a reason. We loved the gorgeous emerald colored water and white sugar sand beaches. I will post more later on about our travels, tons of pictures!!!! I took my family out to the sunset the last night that we were there and made them pose for a few (ok I shot until my battery died) pictures. Here are a few of my favorites. I have not had a chance to edit them, I can't wait to play with them .



I really realized how big my "little boy" has become on this trip. He was a bit of a chick magnet, kind of hard for a mom to think of him that way.

I loved just letting Myah play with the starfish. She became a fish on this vacation, living in the water, she loved the pool, the jellyfish were everywhere in the ocean so we opted to stay out of the water, although she went along collecting them on the beach.

Wouldn't you know it....everytime we are on vacation one of us ends up at the ER, this time is was my sweet hubby Mark, he was just carrying a piece of luggage to the car before we left and pulled his back out, really bad. Just what you want to do before you have to drive for 16 hours right?! I ended up taking him to the ER in Nashville for some good drugs to get him home. We went to his Dr. today and he is having an MRI on Thurs. , he thinks it might be a herniated disk, we will see, he is in more pain than I have ever seen him in, he can hardly walk, sit or stand. Please say a prayer for him.
We had the best vacation ever and we got to take my mom along with us, we had so much fun and our good friends came down too with 7 other couples, it was a week full of so many memories. I will have to share more later! I have a few messes on my hands!!! A house full of laundry and a hubby who needs me for everything. I love taking care of my families needs and I hope that I am giving him the comfort that he deserves. It is good to be home but I sure would go back in a heartbeat!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

You take the most amazing pictures! They are beautiful. Of course you have beautiful subjects. :) We have gone to that beach every year since I was born. I can't wait to go this year. It is beautiful!

Pamela said...

Your pictures are truly beautiful!!! I can only imagine when my boys will be that grown! Sniffle sniffle. Ft Walton is beautiful! We went to Destin in 04 and again in 05 but decided that was too far away for us since we travel from Tx. Now we stay in Perdido Key every year and just LOVE it! The beaches and water are just soo beautiful along this strip if Fl you really cant go wrong!