Friday, August 20, 2010

The Queen Bee Suite




Welcome to the Queen Bee Suite, otherwise known as Myah's room.  She acts like the queen around here! (Little does she know she is the princess, mommy is the queen!) She rules this nest (or so  she  thinks she does!!).  Her room really earned this title a few weeks ago when I noticed a strange noise coming from her room,  I thought she was playing with books or papers when she was supposed to be sleeping and after yelling up to her room to quiet down and go to sleep, I went to check on her and noticed she was sleeping after all.  Uh-oh, then where was the noise coming from?  Apparently from the yellow jackets making a nest in our drywall, they were eating away at the drywall paper, thankfully I had talked to a few neighbors who had this problem a few years  ago and I knew right away what the problem was.  They were entering from the peak outside Myah's window.  So a nice bee exterminator came and put some sort of mixture in our ceiling to kill the bees.  Whew, that was a close one!!   Even more reason that this room is considered the Queen Bee Suite!!! 

Where our little queen sleeps, in her pale yellow bedroom. Her bedding is from Target's Shabby Chic collection.  I found the large bolster pillow at Sal. Army, it was PB!! And her crown pillow was from SaSea Boutique!

I had purchased this old desk before Myah was here and recently I decided to put it in her room as a vanity and hung a mirror that I have had (after I gave it a white paint job!), she loves having her little lip glosses, hair clippies, undies and socks in here where she can reach them.  I found the cute little vanity box at Salv. Army a few months ago for $7, it says Shabby Chic on the bottom (from Target). I had the stool from the same collection and luckily it fit perfectly under the vanity.  I hung the mirror somewhat lower than normal so that she could see herself in it.  She spends alot of time in this pretty little spot!
On top of her dresser I placed a few of my favorite photos of her. 
I don't know if you know this about me yet but I have always loved Royalty.  I have been collecting royal memorabilia since I was 11 years old, Princess Di and Prince Charles were married the day before my 11th birthday and I really thought it was their gift to me.  I spent my birthday money on a pictoral book from their wedding, I still have it.   So when I came across a man at an antique fair a few years ago selling these pages from English books on Royalty, I had to have two pages,  they give just the perfect royal treatment to Myah's room.

You have probably seen this little chandy before but I had to give it another shout out, I paid $5 at a garage sale for it before Myah came to us.  It is not perfect but I love it!  It was really bright brass before I got my hands on it!   And the little hat stand holds a very special piece to us, this baby hat was from China, actually handmade by the locals, we had Myah's first photos taken in it (see below).

I found this cute little rack at a sale this summer for $6, perfect for my little book lover!
I love this photo of her wearing the hat, I found the pretty sparkly pin at a sale this year and attached it to the bow on this frame. 

Pierre here was a $7 find at an antique sale!  So cute!!
I love the crystal touches in her room!
To corral her toys I had these baskets from PB outlet , I found them for $7 a piece, the prices have gone up greatly since then, they fit perfectly under her bed.
Of course our little girl's room would not be complete without a bit of vintage lace!!!


Hope you enjoyed a peak into the little nest we have created for our Queen Bee!!!


20 comments:

paige said...

leslie i am loving this tour through your gorgeous home!!!
her queen bee room is so precious. bees in the drywall? oh my, i've never heard of that!

love each little thoughtful touch.
the hat ..oh my...what a priceless treasure and her picture in the hat...BEAUTIFUL!!

Nancy said...

pure heaven! perfect for your precious princess :)

Shannon said...

how sweet is her room, so simple and dainty! Thank you for sharing :)

Unknown said...

A room fit for a princess ~so true!
Love all the little touches.
My sister's family stayed with us at our old home, while their's was being built. My nephew, 5 at the time, came to the top of the stairs during nap time and said he couldn't get to sleep because the brown and yellow flies were bothering him. My sister told him to go back to bed. Then we looked at each other and ran upstairs. Sure enough there were 20 or more wasps flying around his room. Hubby and bil sat there with swatters and the vacuum all Thanksgiving Day. We called the exterminator and there was a wasp nest, huge, under the siding.

ROSE VINE COTTAGE said...

Her room is beautiful and she is so beautiful. I love the picture of her with the hat on, what a face (; Thanks for sharing!!

Shannon said...

Looks so lovely! I love all the personal touches. I have that same frame but I love what you did to it to add a little bit of sparkle. :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

What a sweet room. Love all the royal touches. I was completely enthralled with their love story too. When she died I was devastated. I felt like a member of my family was gone...strange:)

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

So sweet... it's refreshing to see a little girl's room, that looks like a little girl's room yet isn't pink!

Kate said...

I love every blessed detail in this beautiful room. It almost takes my breath away. I love love love everything.

I was 12 when Charles and Diana wed...and remember getting up at 5:30 to see the wedding!! I wrote a paper about her in high school...and last year my mom and I got to see THE WEDDING DRESS when is was on display here. I can still hardly stand it. It was so beautiful...don't tell me it's outdated, thank you very much. Just gorgeous. And the shoes!!! My heart is pounding faster just thinking about it!!

Thanks for sharing your queen bee room. It's inspiring!!

Kate

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

Every detail in this room is gorgeous! Such a beautiful room for a beautiful young lady.
She is one lucky gal. Love & blessings from NC!

Anonymous said...

seriously. you are amazing. you must have the best salvation army in the whole world... You do good girl. You have a gift! it's dreamy.

SoSoBella said...

oh how i love that room. its beautiful for sure. just perfect!

Janet said...

Hi Leslie! You have such a lovely blog! I'm glad I found it! Your princess room is certainly fit for a princess!!!
I have a little princess from China, too! (And, yes she definitely acts like a queen. too)!
Thanks for sharing the photos of your sweet daughters room. I'm sure I'll be back again for a visit!

Brooke said...

How beautiful!

Unknown said...

Just lovely...everything! What a lucky little girl...

annie

Between You and Me said...

beautiful!!!! love your blog! love the pics of your daughter's room...she is just beautiful. Is she from China?

Our daughter is from Rural Southern China....

3 Peanuts said...

You have such a gift Leslie...it is BEAUTIFUL! Soft and calming. LOVE the book rack...it is divine!!!!

Sa-Sea said...

I just found your blog and was soooo excited to see your pilllow case in such an amazingly beautiful bedroom!!!!! My daughter would LOVE that bedroom, and so would I! Beautiful!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I'm redoing a room soon for my younger daughter is quite the princess, and have marked your photos for inspiration!

rebecca said...

thank you for sharing your gift of writing and photography! i am so enjoying strolling through your blog. what a wonderful family!! blessings.