Saturday, July 3, 2010

Happy Independence Day!!!

I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable 4th of July!  We are spending the weekend at home, hubs has to work, and Dayton is still on crutches so I am going through the house cleaning like a mad woman, it feels good!!!  Don't feel too bad for me, we are going to see the fireworks tomorrow night at our friends house on the lake and we just grilled up some delicious burgers!  Oh and I just might drive through DQ in a bit!  I love this old photograph, I found it in a bunch of my Grandma's things, makes me think of her.  Last 4th we were up at my mom's on the lake and Grandma spent a few days with us.  I will never forget her riding on the pontoon with us eating ice cream.  I also will NEVER forget the moment she pulled Mark and I aside and  told us that she had something for us.  Little did we know she was asking us to sign her DNR papers!  We were very hesitant to do so and a little caught off guard but she gave us her reasons for "why" this was so important to her and it actually made me feel special that she asked something so important of us.  I never would have imagined that just a few months later those papers would be used.....and she would be gone.  But we sure enjoyed every second that she spent with us last 4th of July and now treasure those moments that we got to spend with her. 

Sorry, didn't mean to get so depressing but thems the facts folks and it was a holiday weekend that I never want to forget.  Here are a few images from our home on the 4th!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th Leslie! those memories with your grandma will always be precious! enjoy your clean house!