Friday, July 30, 2010

40 is Grand!!!

Well, I woke up this morning officially a 40 year old! Turns out, it's not so bad!!!  We just got home from a dream come true getaway that I will have to share with you later, my computer has to visit the Dr. today so I have to wait to upload my photos.  I will give you a hint, it was Grand!!!!   Today we are spending the day together as a family and there is nothing in this world that I could want more.  I am so blessed .  I am really looking forward to my 40's, my 30's were not easy, glad to see them leave!!!!  So much has happened in the last 10 years, so many life changing events.  I am excited about this new decade of my life.  I am happy, healthy and so in love, what more could I ask for?!  I can't wait to see what this new chapter of my life holds!
Stay tuned, my next post will include something fabulous for you!!! All of these wonderful gifts that I have received have put me in a giving mood!!!!!

15 comments:

Farmgirl Paints said...

Hey girl,
Happy birthday Leslie. My mom always told me her 40's were THE years! So whenever I start worrying about getting older I hold on to that from her. I'm sure yours will be great. Have a very special b-day:)

1 Funky Woman said...

Happy happy happy day to you! I'm excited for 40 myself! I will be 39 August 20 so I still have a year to go but I think 40's will be good too! Glad to be almost out of the thirties! Hope all your dreams come true!

3 Peanuts said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!

And welcome to the "40's" cub. I think you'll like it here:)

Hugs,
Kijm

Nichole said...

Happy birthday! I hope you have a great day!

Patti said...

Heard it was your birthday over at your sister's blog! ;) Have a wonderful day. Take it from me, 40 is not so bad. I'll be 50 in three years. Now, that I'm not so sure about!

Junk Mammas said...

Happy 40th! I turned 40 this month too. Just discovered your blog and I am loving your style. Your a great rummager! Enjoy your day!

Kim

Shannon said...

Happy Birthday!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! I'm guessing......Grand Cayman???? :)

Junk Mammas said...

Happy 40th! I too celebrated my 40th this month! I just discovered your blog. You find some great things at rummage sales. Enjoy your day

Kim

paige said...

your 40's are going to be grand!!
can't wait to watch your new year unfold
xo

NanaDiana said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! I am pretty new to your blog and am glad I found you.

Did you say a "hint" and it was GRAND? You aren't talking Grand Hotel on Mackinac, are you? ooooohhh...can't wait to hear the story! Diana

Kate said...

Happy Birthday Leslie!!!

40 is pretty great from my neck of the woods...and, um...41 too, if we are being honest! :-)

It is going to be a grand decade for you and for all of us!!! We're just hitting out prime, right??? :-)

Enjoy your day...love that pick cake!! So pretty!

Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you start your 40's fabulously!

Dear Lillie said...

Happy, happy, happy birthday Leslie! I hope you had a beautiful day. Can't wait to hear about your trip!

Caroline said...

Happy Birthday Leslie. I too turned the big 4-0 on the 14th and it wasn't all that bad either. I had an easier time turning 40 than I did 30. We also spent it together as a family and on vacation....I'll treasure the memories I made forever.

Rozmeen said...

Happy birthday, Hope you had wonderful day!

Hugs,
Rozmeen