Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Friendship Books

Sherry's Book:




Kym's Book:

This year a few of my dearest friends have turned 40, including my dear hubby. I have a reputation for taking lots of pictures through the years. I always have my camera on my and everyone hates it when I make us pose for group shots but I have never regretted taking these pictures. I have gone through my albums several times through the years and used my pictures for many projects. Whether it be for a cd with pictures put to music, photo albums and yes, many times I have been the one in charge of doing the funeral picture boards for family members. Morbid I know, but that is life and when people want pictures, it is me they call.




So it is no surprise that I have lots of pictures with me and my friends. So I decided that when their 40th birthdays came around that I would do something with the pictures that I have taken through the years. I decided to try and make these little books and use my favorite papers, flowers ribbons and embellishments. I have so much fun making these! This past week I sent my good friend Sherry hers and I couldn't post pictures until I knew she had it in her possession. She moved to Wisconsin last year and I wish she still lived closer!


I also made an album for my dear friend Kym in January. They aren't perfect by any means but they are meant to be a keepsake of the many fond memories that we have shared through the years. Good friends are so hard to come by and who is more deserving of something special than the people that are there for you in good timses and in bad, through sickness and health, oh wait a minute, those were my wedding vows! Oops! I guess they apply to friendships as well! I hope these inspire you to do something special for your good friends as well. They are so fun to make!
(Sherry's album was made from a pre-made chip board album by Bo-Bunny, many of the papers are by Basic Grey)

25 comments:

Missy Wertz said...

Very nice albums!

Dawn said...

Those are just the cutest!!

Melanie said...

I am soooo proud of you!!!! I told you you could do it. They are adorable... I expect to get mine soon! :)

ElizabethClare said...

What adorable books! And what a sweet gift.

Anonymous said...

Those are so cute! And that is such a wonderful gift!

Pennies In My Pocket said...

WOWOWOWOW!! That is AMAZING! I would fall over with excitment if someone gave me a gift like that!

~melody~

Sheri said...

These are just adorable!!

Empty Nest Full Life said...

Such wonderful albums. Wish I were that creative. Jackie

barrett family said...

I love the friendship books!! So creative and cute!

ww said...

Wow Leslie - so creative and thoughtful! I'm like you - the camera lady - everyone groans at group photo time but you know that deep down they all do love and treasure them. Thanks for sharing, Wendy

Dee said...

Those are great. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and yes, the image is looking up.

barrett family said...

i tagged you, check it out at: http://barrettbusiness.blogspot.com/2008/10/ive-been-tagged.html

Anonymous said...

What a great idea and a fabulous gift....I bet they love them and will cherish them always!!!!

Jill said...

Love the Friendship Books! Great idea.

Shannon said...

These are both SO CUTE!!! I love them!

Keeper of the Skies Wife said...

love the albums.
its an adjustment getting use to a quiet home!

Ronnica said...

That's a cute idea, and I'm sure very special to you all.

Yay for Kansas girls! Thanks for stopping by on my SITS day!

fleur de lis cottage said...

That is the sweetest and dearest gift you could give to someone. Gifts made from your hands and heart are the best.

Jessica said...

Super duper cute book!!! Loved the advice you left me- especially about being flexible. : )

Kathi Roach said...

This is so neat! l love the idea of doing the albums as gifts. My daughter used the 'travel' one for a poetry project in school last year. What fun!

Michelle said...

That is such an lovely scrapbook. I have yet to make a chip board album, but they look like so much fun.

And thanks for commenting on my blog and the invite over! I think we have a lot in common!

WheresMyAngels said...

I love those albums. I have never seen the friends one before. Basic Grey has lots of my favorite paper.

Anonymous said...

So creative for that special someone. That is certainly a treasure.I would love to know how
you made them? Great idea.

Magnolia Memories08 said...

What a wonderful idea. I know any
friend would treasure just the thought and the time spend in making the albums.You are very
creative. What a wonderful friend.

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful idea. So creative
I know any friend would treasure the thought and the time in putting it together. Thanks for
sharing.