Friday, June 24, 2011

I'm A Little Bit Country!!

We have been country before country was cool.  I remember Mark listening to country music the first time I ever rode in the car with him when I was 15, he was singing along and I thought, "who listens to country?"  Since that day 25 years ago we have attended many country music concerts, Alabama was our first one together ( and provided many good make out songs hee hee!!) We have seen Reba the night before her band died in a plane crash, we have stayed in Shenandoah's hotel rooms ( we knew their nephew), saw the Statler Brothers, yes we are THAT  country, Clint Black, Martina McBride, Faith and Tim, Rascal Flatts, Diamond Rio, The Judds (I actually touched Wynonna's hand!), Kenny Rogers, Collin Raye, and some others that I just can't think of at this hour!  So when our Spring Break trip drove us through Nashville a trip of the Country Music Hall of Fame was on our agenda!  I grew up in a family who loves bluegrass, I remember my Great Grandpa and his children sitting around playing and pickin when I was little.  Music has always been around me.  I even had an Aunt who was known as Michigan Magel, one of the first female DJ's. 
 They were featuring Tammy Wynette while we were there. 
 I thought you might like to take a walk back in time with me.  Can you guess whose dress this was?? Why Minnie Pearl's of course!

 I loved Roy Rogers and Dale Evan's boots!
 A few of the many platinum and gold records from Tammy. 


 Nothin says country like some glitzy rhinstones!  This was Tammy's too!
I loved this crystal bowl full of cotton that Tammy kept to remind her of her roots. 

  
 Why Patsy Cline of course!!!
 I loved the display from Hee Haw, remember watching it on Saturday night!  Here are Junior and Lulu's costumes.
 And who could forget Grandpa??? I was having fun with my new lens can you tell???
 Of course I had to include the group that was such a part of our young love life! 
 Hank William Jr.'s boots, I did not know that Hank Sr. was only 29 when he died, did you know that??
 Reba's blue suede dress.
 The man in black Johnny Cash's suit
 I just had to take a profile shot of Dolly's dress!! Hee hee!!
 Hank Jr's sunglasses and belt buckle
 George Strait seems to be a skinny minnie!!
 Loved this dress that Carrie Underwood wore to the Award show!
 Who wouldn't love to be the young lady who wore this dress?? I am talking about Taylor Swift of course!
 Myah was getting into the swing of things!
 On music row... singers trying to make it big!

  Such a neat place to visit if you ever get the chance.  We will definitely return again someday! 

12 comments:

paige said...

what a great destination!
i'd love to swing into betty boots myself!

Chris at Red Gate Farm said...

Looks like a great trip!

And Hee Haw... back in the day that was the ONLY think on TV on Saturday nights!

~chris

Unknown said...

We love country music too! Hubby prefers the older stuff and I prefer Alabama and newer. George Strait is my favourite.

Tracey Bower- Bower Studio said...

As a Yankee now living in the South, I'll admit I'm not a huge country fan. But, you must check this couple out: http://www.thejeffersonsmusic.com/fr_home.cfm

I saw them a few yrs ago at the Bluebird in Nashville and we recently had the opportunity to host a house concert for them (such a cool experience!)

Vicki said...

What an interesting post! I enjoyed your Hee Haw pictures... haven't seen that show in forever.

Don't forget that you saw Billy Dean too! lol

Sort of related to your topic... I've been thinking a lot about John Boy and the Waltons the past couple of weeks... we have LOUD crickets taking up residence in our garage and when I hear them through the door to my kitchen, I keep wanting to say, "Good night John Boy!" : )

Lulu and Co. said...

What a great trip! I love country music too and would love to see all those great pieces in person as well!
xo,
LuLu

Lisa said...

How fun...have never been there. That dress of Carrie Underwood's rocks, I love the little fu fu part:) Mhya is adorable, just a cutie. So glad I found your blog again, kind of lost it for awhile. Hope your sisters well, miss her blog allot. Ikeep checking back to see if she decided to start blogging again:)

CT Graphic Designs said...

Very eye appealing nicely done,

Life Of A Southern Couple - Brittany said...

What a great trip! I love country! I guess it helps that we live in the south. :) I got to see Reba when I was little she put on a great show! Lots of others since then too.

http://lifeofasoutherncouple.blogspot.com/

Andrea said...

Very cool. I don't listen to country anymore but I would love to see Nashville. When I check my blogs I check your sisters and then yours (my 2 favorite's). I was surprised to see your sisters blog closed and hurried to check your's and was relieved to see your blog was still open. Whew. Loved your kitchen and can't wait to see more pictures.

Lori said...

I want that pink & orange glitzy rhinestone jacket! Yeehaw!!
xx

Olga said...

I love country music! I've seen Alan Jackson, Tim and Faith & Brad Paisley to name a few. We went to Nashville and Memphis a few years ago. One of our favorite road trips. We somehow didn't make it into the Country Music Hall of Fame we did go to The Ryman Auditorium. Nice pictures what kind of camera do you have? BTW your kitchen is looking beautiful. Love the wood floors.