Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cue the crickets!!! Kitchen update..finally



The project that just won't end... our kitchen.  After looking at these photos, I see so much more that needs to be finished! (frown!) But it am not a Debbie Downer so I am basking in delight from having the new hardwood floors put in yesterday!  What a nightmare getting these, but so worth it!!! We were on a roll, the cupboards went in fairly quickly, had to wait for the counter tops,  then the wait for flooring came, set us back a month and a half.  Oh and lets not forget the fact that we had to get all new appliances at the last minute, had to move the old ones back into the old house.  Fun times! 

So we chose stainless appliances and hopefully one day this upcoming weekend we can use them!  We are really getting sick of eating out!  Five months people!!! 
My sweet hubby did a wonderful job with the subway tile backsplash, love it!!!


 Love my stool found at Meijers for $17!  This is the area leading into my mom in law's wing of the house.  (past the doorway) We still need to paint after a few drywall repairs and new lighting was installed in the ceiling.  Toe kicks are on the agenda for the weekend!
 We also have lights to go inside the cabinets that need to be installed. 
 Trim around the dishwasher too!!

I am loving all of the changes taking place, no matter how long they take, I like to see progress!  Sorry for the lack of posting, we have been super busy around here!  I now have  a 16 and 6 year old, Dayton went to prom, is now going to be an 11th grader in the fall and has a sweet little girlfriend.  He also played baseball and no injuries to report for the first time!  Thankfully! Oh and is getting his license next week.  Myah is going to be a first grader, played tball with her cousins, is in the gardening club, and got her ears pierced and bangs!  Life is good for her!  We are all adjusting well to our new environment and love being near our family.  Mom has been struggling lately with her breathing and has been in and out of the hospital, which makes my moving here all the more validated.  It is so much easier to help when you don't have a 2 hr drive in between you!!! I will be back with more updates I promise, I just have been swamped lately.  Our addition starts soon and I can hardly wait to expand into our new spaces!  I am really wanting to fuss with the kitchen things aren't how I want them to be exactly but for now it is a functioning space and I can fuss later!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks perfectly beautiful!!

NanaDiana said...

Hi Leslie- I thought you had fallen through an open floorboard and disappeared!;>) I am so glad to see everything coming together. It all takes time, doesn't it? Love the looks of your kitchen...white and homey looking without feeling "cold" at all! LOVE! Glad you are there for Mom too. Life just has a way of putting us where we are meant to be sometimes. Blessings- Diana

Anonymous said...

Hi Leslie! I have 3 words for you: Fab. u. lous! :) Enjoy that beauty of a kitchen! And I hope your mama can see some improvement. What a gift to be so close!

Anonymous said...

I've followed your blog forever but never commented! I love, love, love your kitchen!!! It is beautiful! Can't wait to hear about the addition!

Lisa

Pamela said...

What a beautiful reno!! Y'all did such a great job!

Cara said...

Georgeous! I love the cupboards and the stool was such a steal!

Heaven's Walk said...

It's looking SOOOOOO good, Leslie! Love the light, bright, airy look! You're almost there! Keep going! :)

xoxo laurie

Two Blue Rooms said...

Hi, Leslie.
So good to see you're back! :) Love the kitchen update.
I've started a new blog myself, check it out if you get a free moment:
www.blueskysweets.com
And if you know anyone in the Detroit area who'd like some goodies baked, please spread the word!
Kim

Unknown said...

This looks FABULOUS!!

paige said...

i know you've been busy but i'm thrilled to see you back!!
the kitchen is amazing. the subway tiles were the first thing i noticed. love the chippy frames and the floors are GORGEOUS!!
have a happy summer
& i've been praying for your mama
xo

Brooke said...

love. love. love your kitchen (and dining room)!!!!!!! Pretty!!!!!!!

Deserae said...

Fabulous reno!!!! Everything looks absolutely perfect :o) Love that rug in your dining area! Have a great weekend!!!
~Des

Andrea said...

I have been checking and looking for updates to your kitchen and here you have finally posted. Everything looks great.

3 Peanuts said...

LOVE your new kitchen. Praying for your MOM!!

Vicki said...

Oooh, so pretty! My favorite picture is the view from the kitchen into the dining room. Dark floors with white cabinets is such a nice look.

Pam said...

Your kitchen looks great! It looks like a happy place to live.

Sandy said...

Hi Leslie,
Have been following a way back.
Decided to come back "again".
Thank you for this post. And giving me a feeling of "home sweet home".

Lori said...

DARLING ~ your new kitchen is just dar-ling Leslie, love it,love it, love it!! Love those drapes!
Please tell sissy I said hi and was thinking about her!! :)
xx