Monday, February 23, 2009

Making a Comeback....Trying to Move On


I love this angel that my dear friend Sheri sent me after my Dad passed away, I have it sitting in front of a favorite picture of my Dad.

I have had this beautiful bronze/black frame for years, it was a very expensive frame that my sister had in her store years ago ( she gave it to me), I finally put these pictures of Mark and I with our Dads on our wedding day, both of our Dad's are now in Heaven. Special pictures for a special frame. I put it on top of a few of Mark's family bibles, some are even in German.


I am getting back to my natural history. I am a country/small town girl, I have always loved the neutrals/naturals and more rustic country, I am trying to incorporate that into my new decorating scheme, I am SO done with the floral couch! A new one will arrive on Wednesday. As you can see, I have lots of work to do!

I have made the decision to start posting to this site again. I started my family blog back up a few months ago. I reopened that blog in order to share stories with my parents, we live about 2 hours away from them, and my Dad was in final stages of kidney failure at the time so I wanted to brighten their days. Sadly, my Dad passed away on January 14th and I am slowly gettting around to being myself again. I have been struggling with his death lately. He was only 61 years young. One way that I deal with sorrow or stress is to work around my house. It is my haven. I love to redecorate and create and it is my therapy I guess. So my sweet hubby has been working his little tail end off with me, I know he is just trying to make me happy, bless his heart! So many changes are taking place in our home right now and I am in true "feathering my nest" mode. So it seemed only appropriate that I journal all of the changes on here as a way to journal and also to heal. I am very excited to see the end results of all of our hard work. Our warm home is a blessing to us especially during this very long and cold winter, I have decided to make the house more natural and warm as well. I don't even know if anyone is still following this blog or not, that is not the point of my return, I am doing this for me. But if you are still out there, I am glad that you are back too.

10 comments:

Shannon @ Silver Trappings said...

So sorry to hear about your dad. I know that must be very hard. I have you saved in my reader, so whenever you do post, I will come by. And don't let yourself feel pressured to post on any kind of schedule. It's your blog. Just post when YOU feel like it.

Hope you have a good week. And I hope you are able to enjoy working on your nest!

Shannon

Anonymous said...

I'm delighted you're posting again on both your blogs. I've had them on my reader for the longest...since I found your site from a link on Matilda Jane's clothing blog. That's been quite awhile!

I'm sorry for your loss, it's touched my heart to read about your sadness. I lost my Dad many years ago, I loved him as much as you do your Dad. It's been hard, but I have so many wonderful memories of him that comfort me.

Again, glad you're posting again. I've loved your writing! And your decorating is gorgeous.

~ PattiLynn

Trixi said...

I am glad to see you back. I am so sorry for your loss.

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

I am SO SO SO happy you are coming back! You touch my way in such a special place. My heart breaks that you are in pain. I know how hard your Dad's death has been.

Love,
Kim

Sherri said...

I found you through a link on another blog. I wanted to say welcome back. I lost my father almost 14 years ago. He was 65. It was the hardest thing in my life to date. I still miss him but am so very thankful I had him for 30 years of my life. I look forward to seeing all of your decor. HUGS

Kari said...

I have never posted here before but I have followed your blog from afar. I would occasionally check in to see if you were back or to look at your pictures for inspiration because I love your style. Welcome back and I am so sorry to hear about your Dad. 61 is way too young. I hope this can help you work through your grief and maybe return to some form of normalcy.

Take care,
-Kari

Shannon said...

I am so sorry to hear about your dad. That is heartbreaking. I will be praying for your family.

I'm excited you are back! Your posts were always my favorite so I will be sure to add you back on my bloglines. I can't wait to see the changes you make around your house.

Robin said...

I am glad that you are keeping up the blogging. I am not sure how I found your blog-probably linked to some other decorating blog-but I enjoy reading about it.
I felt great sorrow when I read that your dad had passed away. My dad has been very ill and it is very hard. I am glad that you had the assurance that he is in Heaven. Take care. Sincerely, Robin

Anonymous said...

I am very sorry to hear about your dad passing. I will keep you in my prayers.

It is nice to see you posting again though. I have always enjoyed your photos and your lovely home. It is actually very inspiring to me!

Dawn said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. I know it must be very hard on you.

I've just found your blog, and have to say that I am glad you decided to start blogging again. You have a lot to offer!

Don't feel that you have to post anything for anyone but yourself. I've added myself as a follower, so when you do post, I'll definately stop by!

Enjoy feathering your nest!

With hugs!