Saturday, August 9, 2008

It's Potty Time!

The powder room downstairs
This cute little antique shelf cost $12 and the accessories were just a few dollars at a second hand store.
I found these Asian ink prints for $8, I love them and they remind me of our trip to China. The little drawer on the back of the potty I got for a dollar at a yard sale.
This is our master bathroom. I love this shower curtain from Target. The picture hung in my grandparents bathroom for years.
This is where the beauty transformation takes place every morning ;) This is in our tiny potty room off of our master bath, I have it filled with my Tiffany boxes ( I can't help it, I treasure any gift from Tiffany's!), Mark's colognes and on top I have a beatuiful series of boxes that were in our beautiful bathroom at the White Swan Hotel in China while we were getting Myah. This was a gorgeous 5 star hotel and the toiletry boxes when put together make up a scene of an ancient Chinese bridge in Guangzhou, I brought these home because I thought they were so cool!
Our master closet is off of this room as well. Not a very great picture of my tub! Don't you just love my brown and blue rubber ducky!

A few weeks ago Shannon posted pictures of her pretty bathrooms and asked us to post pictures of ours. I hesitated but thought what the heck. We are starting to potty train Myah and I find myself sitting in the bathroom more than ever. Why not have pretty things to look at while you are in there? When we bought our house it was already built so we didn't get to choose any fixtures or anything like that. There are many things in the house that I have changed out to reflect our taste instead of the builders. He put the cheapest of everything in here so we didn't feel too guilty getting rid of them. I replaced the mirrors with more decorative ones, I didn't break the budget at all, I looked at Lowe's for something that was stylish yet affordable. I also changed out the lighting fixtures as well, I said bye bye to the Hollywood style bulbs and replaced them with a few inexpensive fixtures from Lowe's as well. I put pretty shades from the Pottery B*arn outlet to gussy them up a bit. Someday I will get brave and paint my cabinets but for now the oak has to stay. Not my favorite. I also added knobs to match. I love the color of my bathrooms, it is Rope from the Eddie Bauer collection at Lowe'*s as well. I painted the downstairs powder room first and liked it so well that I put it in our master bath. The kid's room is painted the color that I had left over from our office, I still am looking for a new mirror and fixture for that room. I hope you enjoy the little tour of our bathrooms.

8 comments:

cherry said...

Hi there. I love your potties rofl! Where did you find a blue/brown duckie at? I love your blog and have added it to my faves on my blog...hope u don't mind! We have similiar tastes. cherry

Shannon said...

I love all your bathrooms! I love how you decorate and arrange things. Everything looks so perfect!

fleur de lis cottage said...

Love the shower curtain. It's so fun when you can decorate for pennies but it doesn't look like it.

Shannon said...

Those books are sooo addicting! And sooo good! I wish I was just starting them out like you instead of waiting on the last book of series 3. I'm so glad you like them!

3 Peanuts said...

Leslie,

You do not give yourself enough credit. Yes, Melanie is very artistic but so are you!!! I love the way you find little treasures ad find just the right spots for them around your home. It is all lovely.

MWAH! Kim

Jen said...

So beautiful! What is the paint color in the first room?

Mitzi said...

What cute bathrooms! I think your cabinet would look so sharp painted black.

Victoria said...

I have the same beautiful shower curtain from Target! Loved looking at your pretty bathrooms. Good luck with the potty training!