Monday, August 18, 2008

I am a Member of the Window Mistreatment Club


This is our family room mistreatments, I found this gorgeous toile at a yard sale, I then saw it at Calico Corners for $25 a yard! Lucky me! I just clipped this up with drapery rings and let it puddle on the floor. I started putting my fall decorations out today!
I could not get a good picture of my kitchen nook curtains. I burned my fingers so many times trying to hot glue this trim on!
This is our formal dining room, I fell in love with these fabrics.
Could not get a great picture of this one in our office either, if you scroll down a few posts you can see the whole office. I found this trim at the same yard sale and I had just enough for both drapes. As with all of my treatments I buy enough yardage to have enough to cover the windown and a big more for a puddle on the floor, I then cut it in half so that I have 2 treatments for the price of one. I have a ton of windows in my house so this helps.


The Nester is having a club meeting for all of us ladies who use our glue guns, drapery rings and upholstery tacks to gussy up our windows. You should stop by her site and see all of the great ideas that other club members have come up with. I am amazed! Here are my contributions, I got really lucky and found some beautiful fabrics at a garage sale so most of my mistreatments cost me a few bucks! You must give this no sew treatments a try, it is addicting let me tell you! If you are new please leave a comment, I love "meeting" new people!

20 comments:

Mom in High Heels said...

OMG, I am so loving your house! It's all gorgeous! And clean! What's your secret?

Amy said...

your home is lovely! thanks for sharing!

Lamp Tramp said...

Tres Chic! Everything is so pretty...love your home!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

oooh, just love your living room!

~ Sarah

Anonymous said...

Great find on the fabric. It is beautiful!!!

The Berry's Patch said...

Your house is beautiful! Looks like a model.

Bonita said...

Your home and your mistreatments are just lovely!

Nancy said...

Oh my, your mistreatments are so lovely! I love your fabrics.

-Nancy

Carry Grace said...

BEAUTIFUL Fabric! I love your wall color!

Jenni said...

I love what you have done. Would you please share the color on your living room walls.

Lemon Annie said...

You have a talent for decorating. I might feature some stuff from your house on my blog, if that is okay with you. Thanks for visiting mine today! Your mistreatments are amazing! Hope you come back once in a while.

Lemon Annie

Shannon said...

You have such beautiful fabrics! It all looks so great!

Sharon said...

You are so neat!! I am feeling Fall like too. The weather is even cooler and with back to school>.!!

I read down and like the potty idea. Bailey si potty training too!
Lovely everything a usual!!

Moi said...

Love the dining room treatments! The fabric looks soo pretty!

fleur de lis cottage said...

We are birds of a feather. You'll have to come over and check out my little girl's room. I used paint, spray adhesive and yes, my beloved glue gun.

Nicole said...

Wow, your home is beautiful and your like an expert mistreater. I love the chandelier in your dining room also.

cherry said...

Very pretty.....love the brown floral. cherry

Kirstin said...

I love your home and I love the curtains in your dining room!

The Nester said...

The brown ones are my very VERY favorite! I've been wanting some chocolate floral fabric!

Unknown said...

Oh my goodness, I LOVE your formal dining room curtains and the fabrics you choose. The way you put them together is perfect. Thanks for sharing.