Monday, January 10, 2011

The House That Built Us

A fresh new start.......
A new place to blossom and grow.......

A new place to nest.......

 A  new beginning........ 
 A new place to call home....... (well sort of)
disclaimer...although I did take all of these photos they are not of our new home......

New year, new life.  That is our motto.  I won't get into all of the details but we are moving.  After the past few months events we have been presented with a wonderful offer.  We are moving back home, 2  hours north, to live amongst our family and friends.  Where we grew up.  We are just thrilled and can hardly stand the excitement.  We are buying my mother in law's home, we are so thankful for this opportunity.  This house is special to us, 25 years ago this month Mark and I started dating, we spent many days and evenings making wonderful memories there.  A house full of love.  So much so that Mark proposed to me in front of our families there.  A place that we announced we were expecting our first child (Dayton) a place that we took our prom pictures, the place where we last saw Mark's father alive.  So many memories have been made there.  We are so blessed to be keeping this special place in the family. 
I have so many things to pack, organize, clean, paint etc....my head is just spinning, but I am just filled to the brim with joy, we all are.  I will share details later but I wanted to fill you all in on the new changes coming to our lives.  Please pray for an  easy transition!!! 

18 comments:

Melanie said...

Yeah!!!!!! I have been ready to burst!!!!!;)))))))))) I cannot wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I just moved from Seattle to Chicago. I WILL pray your transition is smooth, safe, fun etc.

Fondly,
Glenda

paige said...

look at your precious playlist too!!!
yay you!!
this is wonderful my friend.
i love it that our Lord is in all the details.
i look forward to hearing ALL about it
xoxoox

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

I am so excited for you! Such good news! Even though moving is hard work, I always find moving to be an exciting adventure. It will be great to put your wonderful style imprint on your new home. I look forward to seeing it. I will pray for a smooth transition for your whole family. :)
Hugs,
Lisa

Tiffany B. said...

Oh my goodness! Well I have to say our great "loss" is your family's awesome gain! I am hoping you will keep this blog so at least we can keep up on how you are all doing. What a great opportunity. How I would LOVE to have my kids go to school with their cousins. Staying close to family is a blessing. Wishing you love and peace and an easy transition Les, Love you! Tiffany B.

Meg said...

How exciting! I love new beginnings and returning home! What a great combo!

Dawn said...

Oh Leslie...this is wonderful news...I know with all you have been through in the past few years, the Lord has orchestrated this wonderful opportunity...xoxo

Anonymous said...

I've been reading all of your comments and I feel like we just spent some time together. I'm so happy for you and your move! New year, new life! Yippee!

Lindsay said...

What an exciting time for your family. Prayers sent your way :)

Mary Ann Pickett said...

OK...THAT is romantic.
Mary Ann

NanaDiana said...

Leslie- I am smiling all over as I read your post. You are "going home"...what is more wonderful than that...especially to a place with so many memories attached. How sweet- Hugs- Diana

Andrea said...

Congratulations on your happy news. Maybe I'll see you and Melanie together around some of here favorite shops.

Anonymous said...

There is NOTHING like going home....all the best to you....I can't wait to see pictures of this very special home your family will be moving to............now get to packing!!!!!!

Andrea @ Big Creek Cotage
AndeM1@hotmail.com

Vicki said...

Whaaaaaaat????? I never ever would have predicted that but I think it is fantastic!!!!! I was going to call you soon to talk about the knitting you wanted to learn, but it doesn't sound like you'll have time. Ha ha!

I'm still going to call you. ;-)

You'll love living close to your mom and Mel again. I'm happy for you!

Vicki

Abbie Bast said...

Mel shared the exciting news with me and I'm thrilled for you!! Can't wait to catch up with you and see your precious family! Please let me know if you need anything!!! xoxo

ww said...

So excited and happy for you and your family! Can't wait to see your decorating touches on your new home. Blessings, Wendy

3 Peanuts said...

Oh congratulations Leslie!!!! I am sure you must be so excited!!! I am so happy for you:)

msdonnaclaire said...

When my in-laws decided to retire to my father-in-laws home town we bought the home my husband grew up in. Seven years later, there is still some old amongst the new. But there is still that special feeling when explaining the history of our home to a new friend. My children attend the schools their daddy grew up in. And his 30th class reunion and homecoming game had special meaning to me also. Enjoy passing the love and memories on to your children! Hang in there, depending on the day of the week, well, you know :)