Monday, March 16, 2009

Picture Wall

Here is what I finally did with all of my favorite frames. I have been picking them up for years and they were all scattered around my house, I decided to put them all together in the family room to make more of an impact. My initial goal was to put all black and white photos or old family photos in them. But after I hung them with the pictures that were already in them I kind of liked it just like that. I have taken so many pictures of my kids over the years and I just haven't had a chance to go back through all of my files and find my favorites so I figured this would work for now. I need to take updated photos of them soon! I love how they look hanging over our new couch. I was not really ever a big fan of leather but it has really helped tie my rooms together and with a toddler and a teenager it just makes more sense to have leather. I learned that the hard way! I see one of my frames is a bit crooked, must be Myah got up there and tried to help me decorate! She sees mommy doing that all the time! I love all of the different textures of frames. I have some old barnwood frames from Dryad's Dancing , a Pottery B*arn outlet treasure (the huge frame), a tin frame, one that has a saying about family from Ko*hls, a large chipped one from a thrift shop and my favorite, and O'brien and Schridde that my sister bought me for my birthday a few years ago. I love old frames and photos, so this really makes me smile!


My little cutie had to be in this one! See that staircase, that is on my list to be painted white! Lots of painting has been going on in here lately, I will show you more of that later!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

You did a great job...love the assorted frames!

Have a wonderful day!

Shannon said...

Oh, I loved the little sneak peak! The picture wall looks awesome! I love all the black and white frames. I can't wait to see the rest!

3 Peanuts said...

It looks GREAT Leslie!

Anna said...

That is a beautiful grouping. I LOVE the huge white frame :)

Unknown said...

I love photo groupings! I have one in my upstairs hallway (that is visible from downstairs) and a small one in the hallway downstairs. Yours looks so nice!

Amber Filkins said...

Love it!! And that staircase is going to be so awesome painted white!

Michelle said...

I love that look! Very nice!

Katie said...

Your photo wall looks supper! Do you ever get afraid of putting "holes" in your walls? I wish I could be more free about that, I just always think, what if I want to change it out later, then what do I do with all those holes? Well, your house looks great, you have a real knack! Thanks for sharing all your ideas!!

Kim said...

What a beautiful wallscape! I did something similar in my foyer and I was surprised at how many comments I've received! Love your blog! Stop by mine for a visit sometime! ~Kim

Heather said...

wow! i love this! we are still trying to decorate our house, and i just don't really have the eye for this kind of stuff...so i like to see what others have done for inspiration, and yours is really great!

Katy said...

DArling! Looks lovely.