Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Dining Room Reveal

 Loving my 12 light chandy from Ballard Designs, I wanted a significant piece over the round table, this was just perfect.
 Everything in this bookcase has meaning to us.
 I found this awesome column for $35 at my antique mall. The mirror was a $4 gar.sale find last summer.
 Under this cloche is one of the very old German Bibles that my mother in law gave to us from Mark's grandmother.
 Some more of the collection. It was like they were meant to be there.
 The cigar box was in some of my Grandmother's things, the binocs were from a g.s.
 Almost everything in this room was second hand, except the chandelier and the new PB rug.
 Everyone loves my tobacco basket, I found it for $35 at a second hand thrift store a few years ago. 
 The Ethan Allen dining set and buffet was a hand me down from my sister Melanie. Those gorgeous curtains were a gift from her for my 40th bday last year, she got them from her sis in law who didn't like them! They are from Chandlers'.
 One day we will have wood floors!


 I have named  our home Dandelion Cottage, I will explain it later in another post!
 A few before shots with my mil's things in here.

Ta-Da !!!

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job! ... you are making real progress ... lots of hard work ... but so rewarding when you are done ... love your name for your little cottage ... of course I live in a subdivision and the neighbors are not happy if you have dandelions in the yard (not saying you do) ... they are so sweet to receive from a small child ... I had a nice little bouquet from my grandaughter last summer (not from my yard!) ... thanks for sharing ... love your blog.

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your dining room is absolutely gorgeous!! I just love it. It is so wonderful that the things on the shelves are not just pretty, but meaningful to your family too. I adore the tobacco basket. What a lucky find for a great price!

WhisperWood Cottage said...

What is Chandlers, and how do I get some of those drapes?!!

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Forgot to say that new chandy totally rocks! I love the big size and that is has a vintage feel to it. It is perfect for the room!

Shannon said...

It looks beautiful, Leslie! I LOVE the drapes and chandelier!! You need to hire out your decorating services! Love it all.

Ginger@cottageonrosewood said...

I'm in love. It is beautiful. I love the chandy and the tobacco basket (cause I have one). Great job.

NanaDiana said...

It is absolutely wonderful! I love it-the chandelier OH MY!!! I love it all-the old Bible under glass...and I can't wait to hear how you came about Dandelion Cottage! xxoo Diana

Miranda @ Pressing On said...

You did an amazing job!! I love every single thing in there. Those curtains look fantastic and your couple of brand new investments were well worth it. It's all gorgeous. And with the rug and other accessories, I didn't even miss the hardwood floors.

3 Peanuts said...

Oh Leslie!!!! You have done a beautiful job. I love how each and everything has a story and is meaningful to you. That s how we fill our home too with treasured memories:)

i LOVE it!!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Just stumbled upon this over The Virginia House--stunning makeover!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! Where did you get the rug? What's it made of? I love it:)

Dear Lillie said...

Wow! It is turning out beautifully! My sister just got that chandelier - I LOVE it and am jealous! =) Love what you are doing with the kitchen too and can't wait to see more!

Amy in CA said...

You definitely have an "eye"! Beautiful job! I love all of it. :)

Amy

TheVirginiaHouse said...

I love to see what you all are doing! It's so much fun to see a "normal" home transformed into something so amazing. Keep up the good work! Can't wait to see more!

Shannon said...

Leslie, it looks amazing! I love that everything is second hand and looks so beautiful. Where do you get all of your seashells? It is so hard to find the large ones in mass quantities!

Katie said...

Leslie~I could look at your decorating all day. You truly have a knack! Keep the pictures coming!

xo-
Katie

Brooke said...

I LOVE IT!!! It's so earthy and beautiful. :)

Barb said...

Bravo! Love it.

Dawn said...

Leslie...this looks so amazing!! You guys have done a wonderful job!

Lisa @ Shine Your Light said...

What a pretty and bright space! Love your style.

foreverdecorating said...

Wow, what a transformation. So cool, so meaningful and so awesome for you to have these family things too.

Sell WoW Accounts said...

WoW! looks so beautiful..you really did a geat job.=)

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

This turned out just beautifully...A wonderful transformation!