Monday, December 14, 2009

Christmas Decor







Welcome to our Home!



Even the bathroom gets a speical little snowman! I used clippings from the back of my Christmas tree to tuck into the bowl.




Yes it is!




I bought this angel 4 years ago when we were waiting to adopt Myah, she should have been here for Christmas and it was very hard without her, but this sweet angel gave me hope. A new tradition for us this year is the Elf on the Shelf! See him hiding!




I don't think I have revealed on here the new color of my dining room a beautiful pale blue.




I still love my free huge window that I got when my sister's friend closed her store, I love to decorate it for the holidays especially! It just goes well with my love of all things old!



I love old ice skates as well, reminds me of growing up on the lake and skating every day after school.



My sister asked if I wanted this large wire basket and I said absolutely! I keep it on the table all year long with the candles and small pieces of driftwood that I collected from the shores of Lake Michigan. I threw in a few vintage ornaments for the holidays, I love it!



I have had these buckets and trees for years, this year I decided to add a starfish to the top to show our love of all things beachy!



My mom bought me this sweet snowman this year, he is the only new thing I have, the rest is all things I have had, ya know, trying to re-purose things I already own, I put some mika snow in the bottom of this large jar and he is in his own little winter wonderland!




Again, showing off our love of the beach and ocean, I have this large basket filled with our vacation shells and for the holidays I just set some pretty silver, clear and white bulbs in with them.




Not the greatest picture but I love my winter white theme this year. So simple, clean, natural and magical all at the same time. I love our tree this year, we cut it down ourselves for the first time, we will definitely be doing that every year from now on! I also found the prettiest rosemary tree at our local nursery and put it the mantel, it smells wonderful! I also hung my peace garland that was from the Rachel Ashwell collection at Target a few years back, it reminds me that my two favorite loved ones that have passed away this year ( my dad and grandma) are at peace even though it is hard for me to imagine the holidays without them.











I just did not have the energy this year to go all out and make a big fuss, so after hauling all of the decorations and ornaments in I realized that I just wanted to use ornaments that were white, silver and clear. I found some of the kids favorite ones that went with the theme and made everyone happy! I am also one of those people who does not care if my cords show either! Don't scorn me please!



I love this ornament, one year I helped my good friend Kim decorate a table for a tea at our church. These were to be everyone's gift from her, unfortunately,she was in a bad accident after church and these ornaments were still in her car from our shopping trip, this is the only one that survived the crash. Kim and her boys were uninjured thankfully, but it still reminds me of how fragile life can be.



Another shot just because I love them!



I love my goose! My sister had taken a trip out to Maine and I had given her some moola to pick me up a treasure, this is what she brought back for me! I was thrilled!




Welcome to our home! I have been enjoying every second of this holiday season. I wanted to keep things pretty simple around here and so I used things that I already had around the house. I love all things white and vintage so it just seemed right that I would go with that this year as well at Christmas time. It goes so nice with our new white kitchen! I know this season will be much different than most being that it will be our first without my Dad and Grandma, so I have tried very hard to start new traditions for our family and honor our old ones as well! We did have snow already so that helped create a great atmosphere! I hope you enjoy a quick peak into our decorations and have a wonderful holiday!!




24 comments:

GinSpaghetti said...

Love the colors in your tree... and your PEACE sign is beautiful! Merry Christmas!

Heather said...

Your home is beautiful, simply stunning!! Great job decorating, you have great style!! Merry Christmas!

june@craftyniche said...

Your home and decorations are very lovely. Your story about your friend is amazing.

Bethany @ Our 4 Sons Plus 1...Super Cute Girly Girl said...

Love your color palette! Simply beautiful!

Linda said...

I love the simple touches and the while is just stunning. Thank you so much for sharing your Christmas decorations - and your snow. We don't see much of that in South Texas!

Jennifer Owens said...

I love how all of the white decorations are so classy and lovely! THanks for giving us a peek inside your beautiful home!

Shannon said...

I could look at pictures of your house and your sister's house all day!! BEAUTIFUL!! I love it all!

One Cheap B*tch said...

I love the starfish on the tree! What a nice, unique touch!

Sue said...

Beautiful simply beautiful especially your Christmas goose, thank you for sharing.
Sue

Cara said...

Your winter white theme is gorgeous! So peaceful and calming. I love it!

Tina Vega said...

I love the area with the big old window - gorgeous with the framed images!! Have a very Merry Christmas...

Jessica {lovely jubbly london} said...

Everything is gorgeous! The glass, silver and sparkly things all look like a winter heaven.

ww said...

Leslie - your decorations and style are gorgeous as usual! Thanks for sharing these photos and the stories along with them - especially like the PEACE for your dad and grandma. Wishing you and your family a very blessed holiday season, Wendy

3 Peanuts said...

It looks beautiful Leslie:)

Becky @ Our Sweet Peas said...

Really love your decor! Thanks for sharing them!

Jboo said...

Wow-- it is so beautiful! Popped over from Lissa's blog. Your home looks simply lovely!

Janet

Erica said...

I love that big old window, its perfect. your tour is breathtakingly beautiful! I love it! Merry Christmas!

thebookbaglady said...

I love your colors!
Merry Christmas!
Gretchen

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Oh I just love your decorating! Every photo was total eye candy. I too love your large window and how you decorated it. Thanks for such a lovely tour!

on the eastern journey said...

Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful home. I loved the angel you bought while you were waiting for Myah. We're adopting too and I have an ornament I bought for our little girl, but I just couldn't bring myself to pull it out this year because we still waiting for our match. Someday...

Katy said...

Love everything about your home and the decor is beautiful! Have a great Christmas!

TidyMom said...

LOVE it ALL!! that large window pane is AWESOME! wish I could find something like that!!

~TidyMom

Kristi_runwatch said...

We have old windows stashed through our house... LOVE them. we found a bunch in our attic when we moved into our 1918 house, which was a treasure! :)

The ice skates are my favorite! :)

Anonymous said...

I really, really like it! Truly~ you were right! It's just my style! Merry christmas!