Friday, October 23, 2009

Lotions and Potions

I have been trying some new products lately and thought that I would share my new found favorites with you. I will preface all of this by saying that I am really trying to take a more natural approach with my face, body and home cleaning lately. I know the benefits for the planet are probably the reason many of these companies created their products but I am finding the benefits for my skin to be my main reason, keeping the planet beautiful is still special to me don't get me wrong! Actually my skin has become very sensitive over the past few years. And after Myah came along I realized that her skin has very different needs as well. I have been reduced to using Gold Bond Medicated Lotion Extra Strength for my skin issues(yes I smell like an old person), I have severe itching, I mean to the point where I will bleed, especially my legs. So I have spent my fair share of moola on tubs of stuff and tubes of goo that have eventually found themselves sitting on a shelf in my linen closet, just not strong enough for me to find relief. I have recently found the Lush Cosemetics line. I think I am in love. I heard about these from another blogger, I learned that the products are all freshly made and mostly all natural some even vegan. I even bought a face mask so fresh that it comes in a small pot that needs to be refrigerated and then expires in 3 weeks. I actually told my family not to eat it, it looks that yummy!!! The best part is this super funky little boutique in the mall has the most funnest ( I know it is not a word but it fits the bill) staff, who are so willing to massage your arms and hand and are very helpful. They even give me tons of freebies!!! Honestly, I told the young lady that I have had a bad week, (ok year) and she told me that I needed a bath tub cocktail. She gave me a few bath fizzies adding up to about $14!! It smells wonderful, like hot cocoa!! I also told her that I was just coming in for one specific product and didn't want to spend any more this visit than that and she cut off a sample for me to take home. They want you to feel good, not matter what!! You must go and visit, don't let it scare you!!!
I just started using this Mrs. Meyers soap to do my dishes, keeps my hand from getting irritated, the Basil scent is my favorite!

This is another new lotion that I have sampled and finally broke down and bought it after smelling my hands constantly after trying it. It is another natural product from Naked Bee, the orange blossom honey scent reminds me of sweet tarts!!


This Buff Body Butter scrubby was something that she cut me a sample of and it is amazing!!






This is my bath cocktail combo, love it!! These fizzies are so much fun.. She mixed the Floatin Island bath melt with teh Butterball bath bomb (below). How nice of her!!





Ok, this is a must used with many of their products, The ocean salt scrub, I bought the small tub to see how I like it, I will upgrade as soon as I am done with this one! It actually has some vodka in it so I could scrub and get tipsy!!!

I saved the best for last....this has saved me let me tell you, they said in the ads for this one that many people who will only use prescription strength products on their sensitive skin have found this to be the only lotion that will help. So I tried it after reading that and I agree! It is called Dream Cream. I really was skeptical but it has been wonderful for my skin!!



So that is it, hope you will try at least one of these great products!

2 comments:

Shannon said...

I have been wanting to try the Meyer's cleaning supplies. I'll have to get some soon!

3 Peanuts said...

I will need to try some of these. I think there is a store near me. I am glad they were so kind to you. you deserve some pampering.