Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Next Van Gogh!

My favorite! Both of us love the northern hollyhocks! And Lake Michigan!
Just a few sitting on top of her armoire.
This is of one of her favorite houses on Mackinac Island.
This one is just breathtaking in person, it is huge!
This one really shows off the detail of the painting, you can see every stroke that she has made.

My little sister Melanie has once again found a new creative outlet. Painting gorgeous pictures. She has always been the artistic one, we always say that I am the organized one, she is the creative one. She used to paint here and there on furniture and walls, but not really ever any on canvas. She decided last month to give it a try. Of course she amazed all of us with her talent. Even she didn't know she could paint so beautifully. I am not kidding, I have been to the galleries and seen gorgeous artwork, her work is just as good. I went up north to her home last weekend for a night and I snapped a few shots of her latest pieces. They are so pretty, I love the colors she is using. And the scenes are from snapshots that she has taken of her favorite places in Northern Michigan and Lake Michigan. Her hope is to enter an art festival soon and maybe sell a few pieces. I have the first painting that she did in my dining room, I just love it, the colors are all sherberts and melons. I will post more about her later, she has some very exciting news for us that love to decorate, her home has been scouted by a person who works for Country Home and Better Home and Gardens magazines. The woman came and took tons of pictures of her home and called this past weekend to say they are very interested and wondered if she decorates for Christmas. OOOH Does she! I have some shots of her home that I will feature here in a few weeks. You will love it! We both love to decorate and be creative, we are always swapping "goods" and we always promise not to get rid of it, just give it back when you don't want it any longer. I am not giving my painting back any time soon Sis!!! If you would like to visit her stop on by and tell her that I sent you! She can be found by going to http://www.prettiesandposies.blogspot.com/. Update: Her blog is now private, please feel free to email her and ask for an invite. Her computer has crashed but will be up and running again very soon!

11 comments:

Sheri said...

That Melanie is something else!! Her paintings are gorgeous. I wish I had just a little bit of her creativity. Maybe if I hang out around you and her long enough some of what you BOTH have will rub off on me.

Melanie said...

Bless your heart! I was just stopping by to see my sister's new 'DO' and I see this. I didn't even know you took these. Hopefully one day I can actually sell one :) We'd be taking a girls' weekend on me! :)

Jill said...

I love your sister's paintings. Sooo... the talent runs in the family. :)

Dawn said...

She is sooo talented. I just love visiting her blog!!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable! She is soooo talented! (it obviously runs in the family!) And that is just too neat that her house was scouted for a magazine!

Jennifer, mommy to Adrienne

Football and Fried Rice said...

Wow, the paintings are amazing. Gorgeous. I wish I had someone in my family who painted like that! I am off to check out her blog!

Shannon said...

Have fun at your cabin!! Sounds interesting!

Sharon said...

SO pretty!! You could sell those!!!

Annette said...

Your sister's painting are wonderful. How exciting for her that the mag may want to feature her! You guys sound like me and my sister... we'll give each other something with the understanding that when you are finished, you need to see if I want it back!

Annette said...

Oh bummer, tried to check out her blog but it is private!

Anonymous said...

Wow - her paintings are beautiful! Those are my colors! I'd love to visit her blog but it says open to invited readers only.