Saturday, June 21, 2008

Wedding Silver








I somehow inherited my Grandparents wedding silverware. That sounds pretty impressive I know, but actually it has more sentimental value than function, it is not a full set (not even close) and some of the knives tips are cut off, but nonetheless, it is beautiful and it really likes the camera. This is our anniversary week and I get all giddy remembering the fuss and craziness that was going on at my parents house 15 years ago. I was the first grandchild to have a big wedding on both sides of my family, so it really became a family affair. I am sure that whomever bought this silverware 60 some years ago never imagined that it would be uploaded to the internet via a blog! It sure makes you wonder what life will be like when we celebrate 60 years!

9 comments:

John & Michelle said...

I alway love your pictures and your decorating ideas! I have added you to my sidebar!
Michelle
Illinois

Shannon said...

Loved all those pictures! Happy Anniversary this week!

Kelly said...

How beautiful... the sentiment would mean as much to me as the treasure of the silver. Neither of my grandparents ever had silver, unfortunately, but if I find some in an old antique store, I'm not abouve "inheriting" it!

4ever4some said...

Found your blog through Blogs by Danielle. Love the shabby chic look of both your blogs. And this post is precious...just so sweet and sentimental.

Anonymous said...

i LOVE THOSE SHOTS AND HAVE JUST ABOUT THE SAME STORY!! hAPPY aNNIVERSARY!!!
SHARON AND bAILEY

Anonymous said...

Beautiful . . . family pieces are so very special.

Happy Anniversary!

Jennifer

Lori said...

I can't wait to say "Happy 60th Anniversary" to you!! :)
Love the beautiful silver you inherited and how special.
I love old silver/hotel silver~ it is one of my favorite and used collections!

Football and Fried Rice said...

I am beginning to really love & appreciate sentimental things. I love this silverware and wish I was going to inherit something so beautiful!

3 Peanuts said...

It is beautiful and it really does like the camera!