Friday, June 15, 2012

Remember Me????


Well hello stranger!  I know, bad blogger award coming my way right?!  Truth is, my blog has taken a way back seat in my SUV.  So much has happened since my last post.  Part of me wants to blog about it so that I don't forget, other part of me wants to forget it. 
After our fall in August with the broken bones, wheelchairs, walkers, turning my leg into a bionic woman's etc.... I just got really burnt out on the house.  So much work, no way to get it done.  I learned to just let stuff go, really hard for a girl like me!  I hired a cleaning lady even!  I am happy to report that I am doing much better, still feel tinges every now and then just to remind me that I am the bionic woman but all in all, just happy to be able to ride my bike with my puppy in the basket.  A dream come true really!  In February my 16 1/2 yr old son came in and said something to me that no mother wants to hear, "mom, I found a lump, down there...." cue my heart stopping.... he ended up having surgery to remove a cyst the size of a postage stamp that, praise God,  was benign.  He missed almost a month of school due to the recovery and pain of it all.  We thought we were all pretty much healed up for a while and Myah broke her wrist on the playground, a slight break but still ended up at the ER.  Those people call us by name when we walk in now.   Right about then we had our spring break trip planned to Florida. A week before we left, Mark had an altercation at work trying to arrest a bad guy and ended up getting hurt after 4 people fell on him, causing a bulging disk in his lower back and pinching his nerve.  He has been in so much pain for the past 2 months and finally had surgery 2 weeks ago to remove the bulge and put the nerve back where it belongs.  He is still in alot of discomfort but glad to have the surgery over.   His younger brother Eric got married a week ago and bless Mark's heart he tried his best to enjoy it! 
So now that you have our medical history, lets get to the real reason you are here.... photos of the house and projects!  I still have so many areas that are just not  right yet but I am banking on yard sales to help me out of that jam.   I have enjoyed living back up north and seeing the different treasures that you find in different regions.  I've kind of gone back to my vintage roots, I love pieces that look like you could have pulled it from your neighbor's curb.   I also have acquired some sentimental pieces from my hubby's side of the family.  With a much smaller home to work with I am trying to be more choosy with the items that I display, family items always come first in my book!  I also have been keeping a mostly black and white scheme, remember a few years ago when I showed you Aunt Penny and Uncle Ron's house,  well, she had lots of black and white ticking and toile accents and it looks so classic, so I am giving it a whirl.  I love how a dark piece can ground all the white in the room. 
 The new entryway host my starfish collection this summer.
 Got this cool cupboard for our bedroom, it was one ugly piece for $15, a  few coats of paint and she is a beauty!
 The lady practically begged me to take this half table ? home with me! 

 Got this metal cutie just yesterday, my hobs lobs basket fit on the shelf perfectly!
 This fern came from California, dragons tail I believe it is called.  I just potted it in a small celery vase with some moss and it seems happy!
 These shelves have given me 16 fits, I finally have them the way I want them, these
office pieces came from my hubby's family. 

 Paper plates and napkins on the table, it IS summer right?!!!!!
 Dining room wall, my $5 mirror with my $1 picture. 
 My ironstone collection is growing, I pick up pieces at thrift stores and yard sales, I put my
vintage silver pieces behind the white dishes for a bit of bling.
 Old family keys, probably the key to Grandma's heart!
 The key to my families' hearts are to EAT! 
 Got this cutie pie at a sale for $10, it is perfect for storing the puppy chow. 

 My mother's day gift, antique round graters, hard to find these, I have a votive inside them and they look so pretty at night. 
 Found this basket in Florida at the goodwill, perfect for coralling things by the stove.
 In Myah's room, another vintage chalkboard, this one is special, hubby's grandma played with it!
 Hmm, looks like my knob needs a screw!

 I about fainted at an estate sale when this platter was $5!!! Can you say, MINE!!!
Well, summer is here in the North and I am going to get out and enjoy as much of the sun as I can, I heart the mower calling me!  I promise to be more faithful with my posting, I love looking back at my posts and seeing how much things have changed!   Please leave a comment if you stop by, I miss my bloggy friends! 

20 comments:

Shannon said...

it sounds like you have been very busy with doctor visits but I'm glad you are back! I was just on your blog looking at your husbands aunt and uncle's gorgeous home a few days ago. it is one of my favorites, great beach inspiration and like you said that black and white toile, so classic!

Sunflowers With Smiles said...

I enjoy reading your blog. Enjoy your summer and I am glad that your family is feeling better.

Christy said...

Not sure how I found you, but I'm glad I followed and clicked over today. Love all your home photos and the wonderful goodies you found. Have a great summer!

3 Peanuts said...

So SO glad to see your post. I m also so sorry that y'all have been through so much. Sending youa great big hug.

Your house looks beautiful Leslie!!! LOve it.

paige said...

your home is so lovely my friend!!!
i love all the thoughtful details and clear and crisp everything is!
i think your kitchen light fixture is similiar ( or maybe the same) as one i've been looking at...from ballard maybe? dan wondered if i'd love how low the lower portion comes to the table.
anyway, its gorgeous
& if you'd please get on the ball with sharing your gorgeous beach photos that would be fabulous too!!
;)
by the way, so glad everyone is healing at your home too!!

paige said...

oh & the image of the half table & fern and gorgeous window is gorgeous!!

Seawashed said...

So glad you are all healing and okay. Your home is absolutely beautiful! I really like the black and white. I have a beach cruiser with a basket that my lil Bella Bleu sometimes rides in...so I am happy to hear you are riding again!

craftyles said...

Glad you are all on the mend. Love your style and blog. I'm happy you are back!

Melanie said...

I don't know that I've commented here before, but I love your blog and I LOVE your style! I am sorry you've had such a rough few months. Hopefully the worst is behind you, and you can sit back a bit and just enjoy life for awhile!

Melanie said...

I don't know that I've commented before, but I love your blog and I LOVE your style! I am sorry the past few months have been so difficult for your family. Hopefully the worst is over, and you can just sit back and enjoy life for awhile!

AndeM1 said...

so glad to see your posts.....your home is so pretty...thanks for the sneek peeks...what a great steal that platter for $5!!!! Wow!

Andrea

Wendy said...

Wow! You guys have really been through it. So happy to read your latest post. I love seeing pics of your house. I've missed you so much I went through all the archives. ♥

Pam said...

I'm even more of an irregular blogger than you are so don't feel bad! So glad every one is on the mend - love the rustic house touches!!

Lisa said...

OH so happy with joy to hear from you!!! I followed your sisters blog and thats how I found you!!! How is she...I hope good! Got to blog a pic or two of that sweet little girl of yours. I miss seeing them. My baby just turned 18!!! LOVE love your house. The decor is fabulous...glad your back!!!!!!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I am glad you have a lovely home to recover in. Wow, that is a lot of physical trauma. Hope you are all on the mend.

Anonymous said...

So glad you are back...I love your house and blog.

Andrea said...

glad to see you are posting again. The house looks lovely and I'm glad you all are on the mend.

Ida said...

How beautiful your pictures are *.*

AntiqueChase said...

Can we be best friends? you had me at paper plates in a tool carrier!

Unknown said...

Hi : ) I found your blog threw Pinterest and I have to tell ya that I think we MIGHT be separated at birth. I LOVE your sense of style and I'm happy to report that I am a new follower. If ya get a chance, please stop by my lil piece of BlogLand and let me know if ya think we are soul twins : )
Cheers ~
Deanna