Wednesday, February 16, 2011

A Hint of Lime

Myah and Dayton's rooms were our first priority when moving into this house. I wanted  to have a little sense of normalcy for each of them, I knew the rest of the house would be getting pretty tore up and they would need to be surrounded by their own special things, their comfort items.  We got to work painting, tearing up carpet, painting trim, adding new window coverings and new light fixtures.  I had started going in a different direction with Myah's room initally, with pinks, salmon's and grays.  It just wasn't giving off the vibe that I wanted her little haven to have.  Enter a trip to Homegoods:

I had put this pillow sham and bird photos in my cart about a month and a half ago,  the sham was the only one sitting in a clearance pile for $3.50.  I carried it around in my cart and tried to  find things to match.  I was afraid it might be too bold for the cottage feel that I was going for in this house.  So I put it back.  This past weekend I went back to our old house and hit the same Homegoods.  Would you believe this cute sham was still there?!  I took it as a sign and rolled with it.  The next aisle over was this green glass lamp, I have to say I am finding myself adding hints of lime throughout this house and it fits the beachy, lake, boho relaxed feel that I want to create. 

These bird prints were also on clearance this time. Funny I just saw them in Target yesterday.  Love the Boho feel to these too!
I have been searching for a colored cork board for her room and wouldn't you know it, over in the next aisle was the lime green one!  All of the sudden her room was taking shape in my cart, I caught people looking in my cart, probably wondering who would ever put all of those funky things together!  Umm, that would be me!! I have to say that this little desk area won Myah over!  She is my little creative girl!
The owls were a gift from Santa via Pottery Barn Outlet, she loves them! She is on an owl kick lately.
I threw the basket and cute flowered box in and I knew that  she would love it!

I added her little  antique McCoy Chinese girl vase, remember when I bought this ages ago??? I can't wait to fill it for her!  She actually has such  a pretty view out her window, she  will see the gorgeous lilacs when she wakes up every morning. 
Isn't this just so fun!!!
I added a few accessories to her dresser and hung an old photo of her that I have had stored away, one of my all time favorites that I took of her. She loves jewelry so I kept her bling out where she can see it. 
She also loves to read, she is really doing well on the Bob books, have you heard of them?  And of course her Bible is always close by, she is my little spiritual child!
I moved this little desk/table in for her and added the $30 chair from Ikea (found on clearance).  I love the airy feel to her room, very cottagey! 
Here are a few before shots of what used to be Grandma's office, now Myah's bedroom. We painted and put in new carpet and light fixtures. 

And after, Myah's little place to call  her own.  She loves it!

I also want to thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of your prayers for Mr. Cole, they are still searching for him, it has been a week now and still no sign of him.  :(

23 comments:

Vicki said...

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE TRANSFORMATION!!!!!
Awesome job, Les!!!

Jo said...

Love the bright pops of color and sweet details.

Jo

Meg said...

That's so cute. I love all the color against the white walls and furniture!!! I think it's good to put color on the walls or accessories but not both. The room is just perfect!

fleurcottage said...

VERY attractive!

Shannon said...

I love her room! That lamp is amazing! I also love the vintage McCoy. So cute!

Still praying!

NanaDiana said...

What a fun room for a little girl...and I think it is great to settle the kids in first. They need that sense of security it brings. Loving the pops of lime and I REALLY love those bird prints. SO cute!~

Did I just notice or is this a new header? Love it! Hugs- Diana

paige said...

the funky fun green looks fabulous!!!
the lamp is awesome!
you have a great eye for style my friend
xo
was thinking of you & your coach during my run yesterday....
xo

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Your daughters room looks so pretty! All the touches of green are so fun. It is such a fresh cheery color.
I've been in Homegoods before when someone has a cart full of things that are the same color and I get so excited for them. I always wish I could follow them home and get to see the make over they are doing at their house!
That's one of the things that's so fun about blogging.... we get to be nosy and peek in other peoples houses, lol!

Shannon said...

It looks so cute! I love all the fun green accents. My 3 year old would love this room, she loves green :)

BronsonBloopers said...

I love HomeGoods! I use to work in one in California and it was hard not to want to shop all the time!I really like the lime green color you found!

http://bronsonbloopers.blogspot.com/

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

Such a lovely, cheery spring color . . . one of my faovrites. Target has some cute things in that color, as well.

Fondly,
Glenda

Dear Lillie said...

Gorgeous! I love the green!

Lori said...

Love it Leslie, the bright green is awesome and of course I adore all things green, and the brighter, the better! :)
So fun to read about your clearance finds and how everything came together!! It's just GORGEOUS, so happy for Myah!!
Thanks for sharing her room, it's beautiful!
Thanks for the update too, I've been wondering. Didn't even know this man, but it makes me very sad.

Between You and Me said...

First of all....we've been on vacation, so I just read your post about Mr. Cole.
I am so, so sorry for the loss of him in your community.

I'm from a small town in Georgia, and there is only 2 j-high schools and 1 high school...everyone knows everyone kind of town....

know that I'm saying prayers for his family and for your community!!

And, on a lighter note...the room is beautiful....just beautiful.

Unknown said...

Found you through Finding Fabulous. What an awesome room! I'm still in the process of making my room over, but now I want to start over! I love the greens!

Unknown said...

Just adorable! I love the sweet/hip/fun vibe.

Hello Hoop said...

Lucky girl, her bedroom is beautiful.
Love the greens!

Nicole said...

I love this and green is one of my favorite colors! Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

The room is adorable and cheery! I bet Myah loves it. Where did you get the jewelry tree on the chest?

So sorry about Mr. Cole and his beloved dog.

Betsy

Alely said...

oh, my goodnes is her is absolutely adorable! great job!

Amy in CA said...

I haven't commented here before, but have been "visiting" from time to time via your sister's blog. You both have lovely taste!

Myah's room turned out beautifully. I absolutely LOVE the green. This is green done in a way that I could definitely live with. HomeGoods is such a great store.....I have found some fantastic stuff there. Just bought a nice, heavy cut-crystal lamp for my husband's bedside table -- for about $200 less than I would have paid for a similar one from Restoration Hardware that I had my eye on.

Nice job, and congrats on the new home!

Amy :)

Angie said...

Hey Leslie, I am just getting into reading blogs and I have to tell you that I love love love yours. I live in a
Alabama, and my hubby was born in St Clair Shores, MI so we have been up that way lots of times. His sister & her hubby just moved down here two years ago. So I love that you are from there. I love your pictures, and I also am a beach baby. I grew up in Okeechobee, FL. So I love the beach and all things nautical. I have been thinking about making a blog, but it seems like a lot of work but a lot of fun too. I have read yours from the beginning and I feel like we would be great friends. Take care and keep up the good work. Looking forward to reading more.

Angie said...

Hey Leslie, I just found your blog from Heaven's Walk, and I love love love it. I have read from beginning to end and I feel like we could be great friends. I grew up in Okeechobee, FL So you know I love the beach. My hubby was born in St. Claire Shores, Mi. His sister and her hubby retired from Roseville, MI and moved down here to Alabama to be close to us.
I love your pictures and you wonderful decorating. Keep up the work and I can't wait to read more.
Angie