Monday, October 18, 2010

The Time Has Come....

 Using some actions that I purchased ages ago. I finally figured out how to use them!
 I bought this gorgeous sweater for her two years ago, she finally fits into it!  It is a size 2, I think not!!!

 She loves wearing glasses that aren't hers. She does not need them, she just wanted them for the photo!
 These were taken in my garage with my backdrop I just ran a little sharpening on it.

 I have wanted to take a photo of her in this outfit before she outgrows it!  This is sooc.
 This is sooc too!
 I had to recreate this photo that I first saw on Sara Anthony's site.
No editing done on this one either. 

Now that my children are in school full time I am finally diving into my photography.  I have all of the equipment, software, etc, that I need, actually I am over my head in things I don't know how to use.  For the past 4 years I have had some sort of family crisis's to deal with and I never felt creative enough.  People would call me for an appointment and I always felt like I just wasn't good enough.  Ever since I turned 40 I decided to find myself, discover my talents and gifts, whatever they may be.  I love to take photos and I have since I was a little girl, however I know very little about the whole process.  I just have and eye and that is just about it.  Yesterday I decided that I was going to get out my camera and a few lenses, use the pretty backdrops that I have, bribe my beautiful little girl with candy so she will model for me, and just DO it!!! I have so much to learn, my head just spins, but I just love taking photos and that is what motivates me to better my self. I have been taking photos for customers lately and wanted some of my own little doll before her baby teeth fall out and she outgrows my favorite sweaters.   I thought I would share just a few that I took yesterday, I made myself shoot in manual and RAW all day, some habits are really hard to break!  I know I have a long ways to go!! But I enjoy doing it so that is all that matters right?? 

24 comments:

Shannon said...

All of these photos are beautiful and amazing. You definitely have the talent to do it!!!

Kim said...

Oh my goodness!!! Leslie these photos are beautiful!! Don't under estimate yourself, you've got talent! I'm bringing Hannah over right now :)

So glad your mom came through surgery well. She looks amazing. I pray she can now enjoy her retirement.

Melanie said...

ARE YOU KIDDING ME????? :)))))) Could she be any cuter.. or you.. any more of a photographer? You are sooo good, sessie!!!!!! I'll make you a deal..I teach you how to cook.. you teach me how to use my camera!;))))

Love you! You are crazy talented, SIS!!! ;)

Lisa said...

OMG are you kidding me...these pics are absolutley beautiful. It certainly helps that your little girl is gorgous...breathtaking. AND those cloths OMG love...looks like things I bought for my daughter when she was that age. Again just beautiful...EVERYTHING about it!!!

Little Emma English Home said...

I love your photos....very well done! I want to buy some actions too....at least I may need some help, I know who I can ask to ;)

Zaira ♥

paige said...

get ready to never leave your computer!!
gorgeous shots my friend. seriously!!

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you're doing this! you have a real gift! Not only for photography but for dressing your cute daughter. These photos are awesome!

GLENDA CHILDERS said...

I agree, Leslie, the time has come. The picture of your daughter reading . . . so darling.

Fondly,
Glenda

Farmgirl Paints said...

those are fabulous!! your little one is just beautiful. i have to admit i get a wee bit jealous looking at everyone's gorgeous pics. one of these days i'm gonna have to get rid of my point and shoot and go big:)

stephaniegiese said...

I agree with Kim, don't underestimate yourself! These photos are already better than the one's I've had taken of my little ones at professional studios, imagine what your pictures will look like once you get the hang of your tools!!

Cassie Stocker said...

Your photos are amazing, and inspiring. makes me want to have our families done!
Great job!

NanaDiana said...

What endearing photos. I espeically love the one with her holding her knees. She is just darling and you did a great job capturing the essence of her. I love them all! Hugs- Diana

ShabbyESP said...

What beautiful pictures and your daughter is so sweet!!!
Thank you for sharing!!!

Suzann

Shannon said...

Beautiful!!!! She is truly a DOLL!! Your work is beautiful too!

amber said...

I enjoyed looking at your photos~ such amazing work and a gorgeous little subject!

Heaven's Walk said...

STUNNING photos, Leslie. Seriously stunning. You certainly have the eye, girl! And your little kiddo is absolutely adorable! You have a bright future ahead of you guaranteed! :)

xoxo laurie

Dear Lillie said...

Okay, wow, wow, wow!!!!! Every one of these shots is gorgeous. Your daughter is beautiful and you are incredibly talented!

sandy B. said...

Oh, Leslie these photo's are beautiful.Your little Girl is very photo genic. I just jumped over from Pretties and Posies to your site. Your sister was mentioning you so often that I became curious. And my curiosity was good. I love the music too.
I will be stopping by more often.

sandy B. said...

Hi Leslie,

I am back... I was wondering what photo software you used to get the old canvas look.

Lynn @whispersfromwildwood said...

Your photos are awesome! I have a 16 yr old son who has a passion for photography too. His grandmother gave him a little digital camera a couple of years ago...and a monster was created - lol. He saved up some $ and bought a nicer camera last year. He even started his own little business (you can see his temp website at: www.wix.com/moorecreativeimges/ddm

He plans on buying yet another camera soon. He's just a beginner, but I think he has an eye for photography too.

Keep up the good work :)
Lynn

Melissa Stover said...

did you make your backdrop? that looks so good and her pictures are beautiful.

Melissa Stover said...

i just went back and read the last paragraph. i turned 40 last march and did the same thing. finally decided to stop telling myself i'm not good enough and start my own business. and i did! i'm still learning but having so much fun along the way.

Anonymous said...

You mean "happy Christmas".
"Jesus is the reason for the season".
happy Christmas all. love Cassie

Carrie said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE these photos!
I especially like the one of her reading atop the suitcases!