Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Office Re-do

Before:
This is how it looked before, dark and rich. Not me. I have since decided to listen to my inner voice and "lighten things up"! After: Just a coat of paint and some moving around of furniture in the house and I have my office/craft area. We painted it the same shade of blue as the dining room since you see both of these rooms the minute you walk into our front door.
I found this tiered stand at HomeGoods, man I love that place! Of course crayons are a staple in our house so they got their own little jar. And see that calendar, well I saw it in Wisconsin shopping with my friend Sherry and she sent it to me after we arrived back home! I love it!!
I do need to get some window treatments in here but oh well, someday. I like to keep all of our special photo albums close to the front door, ya know, in case something bad happens. Trust me, my good friend had a house fire and the firemen told her they could go in and get one thing out for her, she had always left a tote of photos in her dining room by the door, she was able to tell them exactly where they were and they were saved! I keep a box with special adoption stuff for Myah in there too.
I need to update my pics of the kiddos! I think I need all white frames in here.
I had these fabric bins around the house and I needed a cheap no cost solution for a cohesive look on the shelves. So I put them all together in one place and they worked!
This lamp started everything! I loved it and it finally went on clearance at HG's so I bought it not knowing where I would put it. But I knew it was my taste and used it as my inspiration piece. This was the beginning of my beachy feel to the house.

I don't usually like alot of clutter but I needed a way to keep all of our school supplies and crafty items together in one place. I was fed up with having to go down to the basement or a different closet everytime I needed something. This works perfectly for our family.

6 comments:

courtney said...

your office looks amazing...so jealous. And i like the dark frames in the room. makes you photos pop and contrast nicely with the light paint.

and there's nothing cuter than a jar full of crayons!

Shannon said...

It looks great!! I love the lighter color and the fun organization.

Tammy @ tinselshop.com said...

Great HG finds! I have had my eye on the stand and if I would have seen that lamp...I love what you have done with your dining room in the previous post. The color scheme is perfection!

Best wishes,
Tammy

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Oh I just love this space! The blue color on the wall is amazing. I love how the desk is such a contrast with the white bookshelves and such. So many great things too look at. I'm redoing my husbands desk so I took a lot of inspiration from your post!

P.S. Definatly inspired to put together some sort of box with important things to be saved if there were a fire!

Anonymous said...

it looks well put together and organized! great job!

3 Peanuts said...

It looks GREAT! Our office needs so much help! can you come help me?